more power!

Kaldar142

Reaction score
hey guys, well i have a pretty simple setup right now...

4.10s, LT headers, o/r hpipe, borla stingers and C&L intake + brenspeed tune...

im having a bit of a horsepower war with my buddy (has a built SR20 w/ 30R), i was competing with him with my 450 awhp WRX, but he claims he has 'bigger plans'.

well the only option i have left is to turn my little mustang into a badass, but after dumping over 10,000 into the motor of my WRX (fully built motor/heads etc) im not trying to dump a whole lot into this car, but i still want to be able to crank out some serious numbers...

any suggestions? i would go Vortech S/C but idk if thats enough... i wouldn't mind dropping some money on a turbo kit but id rather keep my headers to be honest, but i am a boost freak... all of my cars end up being turbo.

-Joe

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
If your already familiar with turbos then go with that on a mustang...I see no problem with putting a nice turbo on that bad boy....

Kaldar142

Reaction score
If your already familiar with turbos then go with that on a mustang...I see no problem with putting a nice turbo on that bad boy....

my thoughts exactly, what turbo kits do you guys have the most success with?

i've been looking at the hellion turbo kits, seem fairly priced for what they are. What do you guys think?

Also, around what HP numbers does the block start to become unreliable? i wouldn't mind doing some internal work but i really don't want to have two cars that i had to tear apart the engine, lol.

-Joe

Eric298

Got V8?
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the www.turbohorsepower.com kit? seems fairly priced

Member : retfr8flyr has their twin turbo kit might wanna contact him see how he likes it.:thumb:

Honestly I say build your own kit at a fraction of the price if you have fabricating skills but thats just IMHO and a personal preference when it comes to a turbo kit. I rather fabricate the piping myself than spend a few G's for someone to do it for me. I trust my skills to build it right. :evillaugh:

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
I only have experience with Powerhouse, so cannot make a comparison. Very happy with turbo system and post-sales service and support.

Car ran 10 flat misfiring, dying at the line, having to be restarted, and running on fouled plugs. The boost is wicked on these turbos (typically way higher than rwhp).

thecarter13

forum member
Reaction score
Member : retfr8flyr has their twin turbo kit might wanna contact him see how he likes it.:thumb:

Honestly I say build your own kit at a fraction of the price if you have fabricating skills but thats just IMHO and a personal preference when it comes to a turbo kit. I rather fabricate the piping myself than spend a few G's for someone to do it for me. I trust my skills to build it right. :evillaugh:

sorry to barge in (new here) on the thread and what not but i was wondering about doing this myself along with my mechanic who welds, fabricates and what not. Does anyone know where a good guide or a parts list can be found. I was look over at the mustang forums and was tabbing up a list and following one eyed willys do it yourself thread but still have some questions to ask before i fully commit myself to such a project. any help is much appreciated.

sorry once again.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
haha, after fabricating a huge porition of my WRX, i'm kind of ready for a bolt on solution...

seems powerhouse is very popular after a quick search, i may just go with them :)

i also have another question, i have a brenspeed canned tune... would getting dyno tuned at JPC yield anymore HP?

Eric298

Got V8?
Reaction score
haha, after fabricating a huge porition of my WRX, i'm kind of ready for a bolt on solution...

seems powerhouse is very popular after a quick search, i may just go with them :)

i also have another question, i have a brenspeed canned tune... would getting dyno tuned at JPC yield anymore HP?

people on these boards and others seem to have no complaints out of the powerhouse kits and hellion kits seems as though you cant go wrong with either.

Yea you could probably get a few more horsies out of it seeming as though all vehicles are unique and need a unique tune for that engine but you have the bulk of the power I'd say your gonna get! dyno tune would most likely yield >10 maybe even >5 Save your money for the turbo tuning IMO My :2cents:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
alright, thats what i thought.

So, i'll be prepping the mustang for the turbo setup which will be going on this summer.

I'll be finishing up all my suspension and whatnot, i will switching to an O/R Xpipe and adding delete plates and UDPs.

What kind of gains should i expect with an O/R xpipe, delete plates and UDPs?

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are already a turbo geek... dont change!

There is NO substitute for turbo's on these cars; a bit of a learning curve, but you are passed that...

Turbo, no question. Sell the damn headers!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are already a turbo geek... dont change!

There is NO substitute for turbo's on these cars; a bit of a learning curve, but you are passed that...

Turbo, no question. Sell the damn headers!

+1

and the only thing that stopped me from getting the hellion kit was the piping that passed under the a arms ..... i dunno about the roads there or if your lowered but thats something to keep in mind ....on the other hand mike basically sold me on this kit over the phone not by bragging or exaggerating on the kit but just with knowledge and the fact he doesn't " upsell " anything if you need it he will let you know if you don't he won't push it on ya i still to this day have no complaints on the kit , now my motor might not tell ya the same lol

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have an HP kit. Fairly easy to install and I got it used so I didnt have to wait for them to make me one. I put a different flange on and used a Borg Warner S366. Dyno numbers will come the 25th. I can already hear the turbo start whistling at 2k. Im more than excited to see what this guy can do at 15lbs and 20lbs

Eric298

Got V8?
Reaction score
alright, thats what i thought.

So, i'll be prepping the mustang for the turbo setup which will be going on this summer.

I'll be finishing up all my suspension and whatnot, i will switching to an O/R Xpipe and adding delete plates and UDPs.

What kind of gains should i expect with an O/R xpipe, delete plates and UDPs?

as far as #'s go I couldnt give you an exact number but it in your seat of pants ometer you will feel it the difference.

Brenspeed supposidly got like 10 rwhp with each of those mods so 10+10 something like that if i remember correctly I think alo of it is in the tune though? dont quote me on it though haha

Oh yea.... turbo FTUW

Last edited:

Docneuro411

Reaction score
Will UDP's and delete plates interfere with turbos? or are they good to stay on

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Delete plates are good for a turbo. Not sure about the UDP's because more load on the engine helps spool a turbo. I've kept my pulleys stock for this reason...not sure if it actually helps or not though

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back