more power

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, 98 RON is equivalent to 94 US octane and since most aftermarket Coyote 5.0 tunes are for 93 US octane fuel, you'd have a small extra margin of safety.

The JLT and the PMAS would be my top choices for an 11-14 GT.
For long tube headers I'd pick American Racing, Stainless Works, or Kooks.

This might inspire you:

It's a bolt ons 14 GT making 428rwhp @ 7000rpm & 383rwtq @ 4600rpm. Note that there's at least 350rwtq from 3000-6000rpm, and the engine pulls hard all the way to 7500rpm.

If you are gonna install LT's make sure they are ceramic coated. That and the new hi-flow catted H / X (which will reside below the front seats) will reduce the under hood temps by a good 40 deg F (22 deg C). That's a huge drop. The big reduction comes from the hot cats now being further downstream, aprx right under the front seats (oem are at base of eng bay). Ceramic coated LT's don't get anywhere near as hot as non coated LT's....or the oem exhaust manifold. They are coated inside and out. The exhaust gas temp is higher...and flows faster...which I'm convinced is a big part of the overall gain. LT's are about the closest thing to a free lunch there is.

Typ when LT's are installed, that's when the new engine mounts are also installed. Several to pick from. I used the steeda version, which allowed for a stock eng height, or a 1/4" - 1/2" - 3/4" lowering of the engine. I used the 1/4" drop option, which allowed more clearance for my roush CAI that feeds my roush M90 blower. It also lowers the center of gravity a bit.

When new eng mounts are installed, the oem heat shields are re-used. These are the oem heat shields that cover the eng mounts.

Stock eng mounts, imo, flop around too much, and are too compliant.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
wow… thank you very much for the ceramic LT
I saw tests, where the eng was on a stand, in the enclosed test chamber, (no transmission, and a load put on the crankshaft) and the difference in LT surface temps at full throttle at max rpm was huge. 850 deg F vs 375 deg F. With the room lights off, the un-coated LT's glowed a dull red.

I take my car out for a romp, come home, shut eng off, I can push down hard on any of the 8 x primary tubes with my fingers and not get burnt. The rest of the eng will burn my fingers.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back