more rear brake bias with manual brakes

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Having issues footbraking my car with ptc converter and ptc suggested breaking in the converter and making sure my rear brakes have enough holding power. I have stock discs and pads on all 4 corners and running a racecraft 1.032 manual brake cylinder. Before i sent my ptc converter for a restall it only footbraked to about 1900 and started spinning the tires. After a restall and rebuild which they said should get me atleast 500-600 more rpm footbrake its still spinning the tires at 1900 like before. Whats the best way to give me more rear brake bias? With maybe a proportioning valve? Ptc said trying to set my stall higher car will only drive thru the converter in high gear.

07 Boss

Reaction score
So you have a manual brake set up without a proportioning valve? How did you set up the brake bias to begin with? Adjusting it with a proportioning valve can give you more brake bias in the rear, Just remember to set it back when you are on the street.

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have a proportioning valve yet. I simply replaced the brake booster with a racecraft unit. If i install a proportioning valve for the rear brakes wont it simply allow me to reduce pressure? Still trying to understand how they work. Goal is pretty much just getting more brake pressure to the rear and at the moment i dont get any wheels to lock up if im heavy on the pedal it just takes longer to stop compared to before with the booster.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back