moving to texas

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
well it happened, the army sent me my nastygram and has involuntarly made me a texan..................but there is good to come out of this:

1. no more ridiculous state taxes to pay
2. no more ridiculous state laws on vehicles.

With that being said, can anyone give me some info on vehicle laws:
ie. stickers on windshield, tint laws, headlight splitters yes or no, etc.
basically things that you could do to mod your car that some states consider illegal.

i'm coming from VA, where if there is the SLIGHEST possibility that you might think something could be illegal, it definatly is and the locals will bust you in a HEARTBEAT

ANY help would be appreciated.
Thanks

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I love it here man .
Technically license in front is a must along with no blacked out tail lights ......
but I have had no plate in front and blacked out tail lights and never got a ticket.
Its pretty chill around DFW about stuff like that . Windshield banners are fine , splitters are fine .

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well hell, you won't have to worry about anything. Shouldn't take long at all for Mexicans to steal your car, carry it back across the border, strip it, chop it, and sell off the parts.

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Well hell, you won't have to worry about anything. Shouldn't take long at all for Mexicans to steal your car, carry it back across the border, strip it, chop it, and sell off the parts.

i've actually taken this into consideration and putting serious thought into living on post, they can take my wifes durango with it's hemi.............just leave my car. i've read that el paso's crime rate is one of the lowest in texas.

.......................maybe i will just get in good with mexicans and work as a coyote during the night or run a safehouse in exchange for not touching my car, lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back