MT 305/35/20 fitment?

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Bump... Just ordered my set of street comp's.

Did the same thing as David.... 275/35/20 and 305/35/20.

Last edited:

Epic510

Reaction score
Got the tires mounted today. Rushed over to the garage where I'm storing the car but only had time to mount drivers side. THEY POKE. It looks far better than the stock 19's but it's just a bit too much poke imo. I'm going to order an adjustable panhard bar and hope that'll center it up. I'm also of course hoping the other side has significantly less poke or my plan is shot...

My buddies Roush Stage 3 is parked right next to my car. He's running 315's in the rear and 275's front and still has quite a bit of room to the fender. Not sure what the factory Roush offsets are but my reccomendation for a nice flush look with 305/275 would be to split the difference. I'm running 45 rear 35 front.

I've also heard the fenders may be able to be heated and rolled outwards a bit which could help. Is this plausible?

Epic510

Reaction score
Now you got me worried about my fit. lol

Update. Wheels are on and there is NO Poke in front and very minimal on passenger rear. I have a Hotchkis adjustable panhard bar but just had to drive the car today. It's 80 degrees here in Pa! I'm confident it will sit dead flush once I install the pAnhard bar.

Nitto 555g2 275/35R20 et 37 (was told manufacturer shaved an additional 2-3 mm per original owner request). up front.

Nitto 555r 305/35r20 et45 in rear.

Strangest thing. When I put the drivers side front wheel on and let the car down off the jack it was sticking out almost an inch!!! I was sick about it! I couldn't sleep! I was confident I did my research. How did I f*@k up??? So I left the garage where the car is stored for the winter thinking I blew $2500. I talked to people about pulling fenders, shaving the the hub more etc.
About 3 days passed and I went back to the garage to take another look at how bad it really was. Amazingly it was perfectly flush! I guess the when we let it down the suspension was cocked a bit. After sitting awhile, the suspension relaxed and now it's perfect!!! You can imagine my reaction!!!!

I drove the car today about 20 miles and have expirienced zero rubbing. I went over some speed bumps and drove down a crappy alley too. No rubbing!

I took some crappy cell phone pics and am hoping I have time later to post them. In short, 275/35 and 305/35 20's fit great! I'll update if I have any issues and once I get some time on them.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I drove the car today about 20 miles and have expirienced zero rubbing. I went over some speed bumps and drove down a crappy alley too. No rubbing!

I took some crappy cell phone pics and am hoping I have time later to post them. In short, 275/35 and 305/35 20's fit great! I'll update if I have any issues and once I get some time on them.
Pete,

Glad the tires and wheels worked out so well for you. :clap:

Terry

Epic510

Reaction score

Hope the link works.

Excuse the crappy pics

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dave,

Congrads on your new set-up.

Looks A-OK !!!

IMG_3503_zpsvdbv1yla.jpg

T.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
For my setup and liking I think I would like a 295/35/20 on the rear and maybe a 265/35/20 on the front.

Untchbl

Reaction score
I'm needing new tires, and this thread has inspired me to go bigger on my vessens than my current 255's and 295's.

Untchbl

Reaction score
Dave, text me a couple pictures of yours. I'm actually in OKC

Untchbl

Reaction score
They really fill the fenders well and don't have to much sidewall bulge.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
They really fill the fenders well and don't have to much sidewall bulge.

If I bounce the car hard on some of these great Okie roads I do get a small rub on the rear outside fender. That's why I said for my set up next time I might go with a 295 in back. But you can't beat the price of these Mickey's. Also the car looks super thick with that much rubber under it. I'll get my good camera out and get some shots soon. I'm waiting on one more thing to come in before I do.

Last edited:

Untchbl

Reaction score
I'll get some pictures of my 295 invo's on a 10.5" wheel loaded for you to see.

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
I'd like to go with the MT ET street S/S. Car is lowered 1.5" on FRPP K springs. My wheels are foose nitros 20x10's with a +40mm offset, From what I've should be fine, can anyone confirm this?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back