MT-82 Trans whine warning

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
Got her back finally! Ford ended up putting in a new trans because the parts to rebuild mine were on backorder and would have taken two or more months to get in. I did have to pay more but Big Thanks To Debbie at Ford! They stepped up and covered a bid part of the cost.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Got her back finally! Ford ended up putting in a new trans because the parts to rebuild mine were on backorder and would have taken two or more months to get in. I did have to pay more but Big Thanks To Debbie at Ford! They stepped up and covered a bid part of the cost.
Why did you have to pay anything? Do you have over 60,000 miles? Or is your dealer not mod friendly? My buddy had his MT-82 replaced last month and didn't pay an dime. His car is modded too...

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
You clearly don't know shit about the MT-82! Stop basing your opinion based on some internet warranty complaints. I didn't say they didn't have problems, name a manual that doesn't. I've had the motherfucker in my hands and I've seen with my own two eyes what one can do. I've seen one drop bottom 9's at 140 plus all day long without a single hiccup. Not many people making attempts cause everyone's rocking the 6R80's or TH400 & glides caused they want to be consistent. Most MT-82's I've seen with issues weren't from drag racing :asshat:

Here's another "beefy" MT-82 that bit the dust. Post #66.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112122&page=4

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
Why did you have to pay anything? Do you have over 60,000 miles? Or is your dealer not mod friendly? My buddy had his MT-82 replaced last month and didn't pay an dime. His car is modded too...

I was over 60k by 400 miles.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
How in the world are you guys finding dealerships to warranty the trans with mods let alone a blower? Btw I've been shifting the fuck out of my mt82 since May of 2010...still banging.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back