2006 mustang gt trans rattle

Kirk

Reaction score
Ok guys I got an o6 mustang gt 4.6 3v 5 speed manual. I replaced clutch drained all brake fluid put back new. When cold start car I can ease off clutch and it will roll out into first gear, after running temp up on Mt hour drive if I stop and try to ease out of it it rattles and shakes like it's gonna stall out but if I get it up to 1500 -2k no noise. Only happens on take off. The car has 127k miles checked flywheel didn't see anything noticeable why under it any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

moooosestang

Reaction score
When you cold start the engine is revving up to 1500-2000. Is the clutch broken in yet? It can take 500 miles or more before a clutch is fully broken in and stops chattering. You didn't replace the flywheel or have it resurfaced?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
No I've got one. You think that might be it?
It is common practice to have your original flywheel resurfaced or replace the flywheel with a new one when installing a new clutch and pressure plate. A new pilot bearing is often a good idea and of coarse the throwout unit should be new as well. Reusing the flywheel without having it machined will often lead to clutch chatter and a grabby engagement.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back