MT82 not normal problems

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
05/10. Sitting at Capitol City Ford waiting for the transmission guy to get here. Ugh.....this blows.

I still love this transmission more than any others I've had, but right now I'm pissed at the clutch. Haha!

It was definitely worse this morning. I'm hoping the clutch is still OK, if I have to wait the whole power tour is shot.

Job1. Figures. You maybe the last one out there with this issue left. Glad to see that they squeezed you in right away. Rob

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
He just came in to tell me he's going to pull the trans and check the bolts. He's going tto out threadlocker on and torque them back in. The clutch appears to still operate just fine. No jerkiness. *fingers crossed*

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
He just came in to tell me he's going to pull the trans and check the bolts. He's going tto out threadlocker on and torque them back in. The clutch appears to still operate just fine. No jerkiness. *fingers crossed*

I'm glad to hear that your dealer is taken care of the problem in an urgent manner.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Certainly not my local dealer as I'm 600 miles from home. That said, so far the staff at Capitol City Ford in Indy are pretty awesome.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Definitely the bolts backed out. He's applying threadlocker and retorquing to get me on the road. Should be on the road in an hour or so.

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
LOL! So true. I'm definitely giving the trans guy a hefty tip. He had a lot of other jobs today and put me in front.

Most times us techs don't get any recognition for going above and beyond for customers on a tight schedule. For me at least, they seem to expect me to bend over backwards to take care of their every need. It puts a smile on my face when I see how much you appreciate the efforts you have recieved from that dealer's service department. Glad everything has worked out!

rlwjr

Reaction score
Most times us techs don't get any recognition for going above and beyond for customers on a tight schedule. For me at least, they seem to expect me to bend over backwards to take care of their every need. It puts a smile on my face when I see how much you appreciate the efforts you have recieved from that dealer's service department. Glad everything has worked out!

From one tech to another, I agree. Thank you Mr Razorback for acknowledging a positive.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
if ford engineers were as proud as their designs as that tech is of his work and how customers feel... we would never have had this issue to begin with... wish we had more techs like that.

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
if ford engineers were as proud as their designs as that tech is of his work and how customers feel... we would never have had this issue to begin with... wish we had more techs like that.

We don't have giant facilities and security to hide behind. The customer can look us in the eye and tell us if they think we are doing a good job or not. Believe me I wish I could say a word or two to the people designing and engineering the Mercedes I work on, even just the diagnostic software!

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Quick update here. Drove the rest of the way to Detroit (300 miles), another 100 miles around the area, and 220 miles to Muskegon today. No problems at all. I'd call this problem licked for now!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back