Mt82 Redline MT85

whitestang5

forum member
Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone try the redline Mt85 in there mt82 trans? I see alot of guys
using the Mtl and boast about it also the amsoil mtg. This seems to be right in the middle of bolth being a 75W85 weight. Im on my second fill of motorcraft XTM5QS ( wont use the qdc) and it shift pretty good, like other has that cold weather nibble, wouldnt call it a grind more like a buzz in 3rd and a little in 4th. I changed the fluid a 5k and it seem to be good just hearing all these horror stories.

Thanks for any input.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used the Amsoil in mine when i had it. Combined with the MGW shifter all that notchiness and whining shit was gone.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone try the redline Mt85 in there mt82 trans? I see alot of guys
using the Mtl and boast about it also the amsoil mtg. This seems to be right in the middle of bolth being a 75W85 weight. Im on my second fill of motorcraft XTM5QS ( wont use the qdc) and it shift pretty good, like other has that cold weather nibble, wouldnt call it a grind more like a buzz in 3rd and a little in 4th. I changed the fluid a 5k and it seem to be good just hearing all these horror stories.

Thanks for any input.

Do you have or any plans for an MGW shifter??

whitestang5

forum member
Reaction score
Have the steeda shifter bracket for now. Its seems the MGW is all the rave, it must be that good. Going to try to drive a car with one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back