Multi Step Correction on Kona Blue

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
So over the past few days I decided to get after it on the car. I've been wanting to get the swirls out of it for quite some time now, and this weekend I finally found free time to do so. I'm super happy with the end result. While it took a LONG ass time, it was well worth it.

I used HD Adapt with an orange HexLogic pad, followed by Adapt with a white HexLogic pad. Now, I really liked Adapt and how it worked. It worked extremely well and really did "adapt" cutting/polishing wise depending on the type of pad used. After just a pass of the orange and Adapt, 99% of the swirls were completely gone. I was amazed.

I'll give my .2 on the pads. They are very so so. I thought they would be a lot better, but they leave a lot to be desired. I liked the blue pad a lot however. It worked really well for glazing the car. Cutting with the orange and white though, tore the pads up fairly easy. I brushed it up against the spoiler once and a piece of the orange one went flying, lol.

After I finally got done with the Adapt and white pad, I tried out CG's Wet Mirror Finish. It was easy to work with the product, but I'll go to some other type of glaze next time.

I topped the car off with SPNS which most know is an amazing product but can be a royal pain in the ass with wanting to streak. I tried it two ways. One way with a foam pad that was dry as well as the damp microfiber trick. I liked both equally, the damp microfiber just lets you do more area and quicker.

Onto the pics:

Here you can see swirls on the passenger fender:
Kona Blue Full Correction by Treyson M, on Flickr

After one pass of orange and Adapt (Lighting sucks and I was in a hurry, you get the idea though):

Shot of the trunk trying to show the swirls:

Shot of the door before anything:

Then some shots of the final product:

Lemme know what you guys think! Don't mind the wheels, they are the daily wheels and tires, lol. Good set of wheels/tires are in the barn sitting. I'll try and get some shots tonight with good lighting showing there are zero swirls left. I was trying to finish this instead of being on my phone, so sorry for the lack of pictures.

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Nice car!
Love the blue when it's clean and waxed!

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I love the color as well. The correction seemed to of made the color "deeper" in a way.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back