Mustang Sally

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
A few of you know from prior post my wife is in her fifth year of dementia. She has always been a dog lover and we had dogs in our family home for over fifty years. About a year ago she began asking that I get her a dog. Honestly, I just couldn't take anything more on and continually resisted the dog request. I am her caregiver about 95% of the time. Anyway, learned about this comfort dog and bought one for her. The dogs must have a computer in it as it reacts to all kinds of talk, movements and touching. I don' t have to feed it or take out to do its business. The dog was developed for people with her condition and I'm sure other medical issues as well.

It became a big issue what to name the dog for over three weeks, finally I suggested "Sally", after the song "Mustang" Sally. That caught on and my wife kept asking to take Sally on a ride in our convertible. So, today was the day.

Mustang Sally.jpg

FredB66

Reaction score
Ret, that's fantastic! I'm very familiar with dementia dealing with my mom and most recently my sister, and I must say that I admire the way you are handling it with such dignity and grace. My prayers go out to you and your beautiful wife.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, FredB66. Definite proof we aren't in charge of anything. We just get on the train and go for the ride.

I had a white 2008 GT convertible - C/S. Loved the car but the original owner went with a cheaper interior. In addition to everything about a Mustang I like a nice interior. The original owner of this current car went for every bell and whistle so bought this 2012. Doesn't run any better with all those add Ons but looks good. And the 08 had "idiot lights rather than gages". Don't know why but I prefer gauges.

Mustang- Driverside.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back