Mustang Stereo

Troy S.

Pony Circle
Reaction score
I want to replace the stereo in my 06 Mustang GT. Does anyone know what size of speakers I need to buy to replace the existing. Any suggestions as to a head unit because of the size of the opening?

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm running a Kenwood 5140 in-dash, Nav unit with bluetooth. I love it, and everyone thinks it's factory. You can adjust the illumination to match the factory green or change it to match the "my color" gauges. Shallow mount subs from Kicker or Pioneer (IMPP) are nice and work well to replace the door subs on the shaker systems. These have to be a shallow mount, as there are depth constraints. As in all late model mustangs, 6"x8"s round out the rear deck and door mid/highs. There are brackets available to place 5-1/4" speakers in the doors and deck, if desired. You can check Crutchfield.com for fitment and specifications and then place an order or shop the items for best pricing. I shopped local, because that's how I roll.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
you can also go to crutchfield.com and type your vehicle in which will then give you the apropriate sizes for you.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the stereo in my 06 Mustang GT. Does anyone know what size of speakers I need to buy to replace the existing. Any suggestions as to a head unit because of the size of the opening?

I believe the door speakers are 6x8's, but adapter plates can solve just about any speaker sizing problem you may have, so I'd just fire away on that one.

Just about any DIN or double DIN sized head unit will work in this car. As was stated earlier, Crutchfield is a good starting point, but shop around. They will give you items that fit, but only items that they sell; and their selection isn't THAT great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back