mustang suspension

spdy3961

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a s197 mustang to do a 10-11 second quarter mile, keep it a daily driver, and get into those kinds of quarter mile times without having to use drag tires?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am curious as what you mean by drag tires. Do you mean a track only tire like a slick? Or are you including dot legal drag radials in "drag tires".

I run a dot legal drag radial, which I drive on the street, to the track, to work, etc, and they are fine. Just wouldn't do that in the rain.

If you mean a true street tire, you will be hard pressed to run in the 10's. I have seen people run in the 11's. In the new car & driver I saw a 0-200-0 mph test with five cars. They were running huge street tires, but street tires none the less. The 1/4 mile times were like 11.0 @ 147mph. If you ran 147mph with slicks or drag tire, you would be in the low nines. Drag tires or dot legal drag radials make a huge difference.

PenguinGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO - if you're running 10s on street tires, you're not going to be a happy camper in heavy traffic during work commutes, running to the store for milk, etc...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back