Tests Performed:
Compression Test 200psi– good
Fuel Pressure holds steady
Cylinder Balance Test – good
Coils – good
Injector connector receiving 12V
Injectors Resistance 12.5 all around
Manual cylinder balance test- done
Listened to Injectors for pulse- all pulsing but some sounded weaker than others

Possibilities:
Dirty/Clogged Injectors
Clogged Cats
Vacuum Leak
Tune?
ECU Dying

No DTC Codes showing

Following 2 ABS Codes Thrown:
U1900
U2011

Last edited:

bjtheman1

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered some new injectors, really hoping this solves my issues. I went ahead up upgraded from 38lb to 47lb injectors. Hope to get them anyway now.

jays86lx

Reaction score
Not sure what is all done to your car, have you thought about cam shaft position sensor or crank shaft position sensor. Both of those from what I have been told could mess with the timing of the car causing the conditions. Is it not throwing any kind of trouble code?

bjtheman1

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what is all done to your car, have you thought about cam shaft position sensor or crank shaft position sensor. Both of those from what I have been told could mess with the timing of the car causing the conditions. Is it not throwing any kind of trouble code?

Added vehicle info in 1st post
Definitely thought about those, I'm still trouble shooting everything trying to fix this. If your crank shaft sensor is messed up won't it not allow your car to start though?

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Can throw in a new set of plugs. Sometimes that will show you pretty easily what cylinder if one is really rich,lean, not firing, etc

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Anyway you could send a data log to VMP? Maybe there is something they can see in the logs and fix it with a tune revision.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Have you thought about the VCT solenoids?
If the screens are clogged, your cams will be off timing causing rough idle and poor drive-ability.

What is a cylinder balance test?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I still need some more help!

07 Roush 427R w/M90 S/C
VMP 500 Kit- consists of Tune, smaller pulley, & Steeda CAI
Afco Heat Exchanger
SVT Ford Racing Cooling Fan
PA Performance Alternator
3.73'S
Exedy Mach 500 Clutch & Flywheel
J&M LCA's
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

Breakdown..........

Problem/Issues:
Rough Idle
Loss of Power
Random Cylinder Misfires
Car running rich

Parts Replaced
New Fuel Filter
New Spark Plugs- Brisk Silver Racing Gapped at 0.32
Oil Change
New FRPS Sensor
Cleaned MAF
New front O2 Sensors

Tests Performed:
Compression Test 200psi– good
Fuel Pressure holds steady
Cylinder Balance Test – good
Coils – good
Injector connector receiving 12V
Injectors Resistance 12.5 all around
Manual cylinder balance test- done
Listened to Injectors for pulse- all pulsing but some sounded weaker than others

Possibilities:
Dirty/Clogged Injectors
Clogged Cats
Vacuum Leak
Tune?
ECU Dying

No DTC Codes showing

Following 2 ABS Codes Thrown:
U1900
U2011

I'd start with by checking the vacuum lines. Next up would be a set of Autolite or FRPP spark plugs.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
What are you try in' to say Bruce? :crazy:

I think the same thing you were. Too many people have issues with Brisk plugs right out of the box. The only high thread design plug that is consistently reliable is the autolite/frpp plug. Brisk seem to be hit or miss but all the cool kids say that autolite is crap. Whatever.

For some reason people are afraid of them because they are "two piece". The original issue was resolved in 06. It had to do with plating iirc.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
My bad. I thought you were pointing out I said try new plugs, and he posted that as something already replaced lol

Shit, I run autolite whenever possible honestly. Idk about the 3v platform in all honesty though

bjtheman1

forum member
Reaction score
These issues started when I still had the Autolite Plugs in my car, so then my journey began trying to find/fix the issues.

I have new injectors on the way but after more reading into the camshaft sensors I ordered those too for tomorrow. I have a very hopeful feeling that these are my problem, if so I'll explain why afterwards.

Last edited:

Justin00Stang

Reaction score
send me some datalogs

[email protected] with your name so i can look up your tune file

2010 and below logging

Use livelink generation 2 from the sct website (v2.1 is the latest) and log:
http://sctflash.com/software/LiveLink_GenII.exe

RPM

Short term fuel trim bank 1 and 2
Long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2

O2 voltage bank 1 sensor 1
O2 voltage bank 2 sensor 1

MAF voltage for 05-10 and MAF counts for 04 and below
Load

Battery voltage

ETC actual angle (05+ only)

Fuel pump duty cycle
returnless fuel pump pressure in PSI

Spark
Knock sensor (if available, sometimes called SPK ADD KS 0) (not on 07-09 GT500, or 04 and older)

Coolant temp deg F
Intake air temp F
Air control temp 2 F or Downstream ACT for blower cars

To datalog, warm the vehicle up first. To start datalogging turn the Key On, with laptop and tuner connected, hit the green button in Live Link (upper left hand corner), start the car without turning the key back off, and let it log for 30-60 seconds at idle, longer if the engine is cold. Then, slowly rev to 5000rpm over a period of 30 seconds in neutral, very slow, not quick blips. Stop datalogging (red button) and save this file (File Menu > Save Datalog As...).

Then run the vehicle at WOT through 2nd, OR 3rd, OR 4th gear, NOT ALL! (pick only one, the higher the better), this can be done by selecting the gear using the shifter in an auto trans car. Do not exceed the speed limit or break any laws while doing this, if the car has too much power for the street it should be logged on a dyno. Do this from a very low RPM, about 1000, up to the vehicles rev limiter. Only send one or two short logs. Checking the items only makes them display on the graph, all items listed are getting logged. If you have a wideband wired into the tuner don't forget to correctly configure the analog inputs. If you run the car on a dyno make the pull in 4th gear starting at 1000rpm. Do not send more than two logs or repeats of the same thing. If the vehicle is boosted make sure the A/F does not go above 12.5-13.0 for more than a second while at WOT. Save the datalogs under the File menu of Live Link and REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH THEM, this is important so I have all your car and order information.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
BJ, I'm having similar issues with no idea where to look next. Following this thread for ideas.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back