My long awaited build... (I don't think 56k exist anymore) So lots of pics...

memphisstylee

Reaction score
damn that sucks, at least you have an excuse for a built engine to push more boost :D

Boozshey

Reaction score
Yup that's true for sure!!!

towtrucksm.jpg

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Yup that's true for sure!!!

towtrucksm.jpg

Well on the positive Bruce, the headlight mod looks amazing! =) I guess this means on the next club meets you won't be in this thing for a while.. Dang it, still haven't seen it in person. I was too lazy to drive out while you were doing the build.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Hell yeah, I am going to tow this bitch to the meet with my GEO Metro... haha

You should swing by when I start the Second build... :)

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
ugghhhhh man... Not you Now....

My cars creeping to 11-12 pounds by 3500.... I couldnt get dynoed on wednesday cause I had to move my BOV and MAF....

I can just see a motor in my near near future...

Boozshey

Reaction score
After speaking with Brenspeed yesterday, they were saying that even the 3.2 pulley I was running was asking for trouble. They have two motor give at 3.4 but he said a 3.2 is just a matter of time and more often then not he has seen the motor give. But at the same time lots of people have run a 3.2 with success for a very long time. I'm just one with bad luck. I always have had shit for luck so I should have known.

Boozshey

Reaction score
If I can get a break from work today long enough to I will. If not I will on Monday unless they are open tomorrow.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
After speaking with Brenspeed yesterday, they were saying that even the 3.2 pulley I was running was asking for trouble. They have two motor give at 3.4 but he said a 3.2 is just a matter of time and more often then not he has seen the motor give. But at the same time lots of people have run a 3.2 with success for a very long time. I'm just one with bad luck. I always have had shit for luck so I should have known.

I know exactly what you mean. Same thing happened to me, and I got the same speech.

So sorry to see it go like that.

Boozshey

Reaction score
So I think JimIII at JDM nailed it on the head. It looks like a clogged cat... Check this shit out!!!

blowncat1.jpg

blowncat2.jpg

G.T

Reaction score
damn that looks like melted up wire conduit!
what do you reckon fucked the cats up?

Boozshey

Reaction score
I have no idea what did it... I am not great when it comes to that kinda stuff. So I will ask Kooks on Monday

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
That's a coincidence. My local shop just had a GT500 bust a block because one Kooks high flow cat clogged up. Another GT also with Kooks high flow cats also had a problem where the cats were to blame, although the shortblock luckily remained intact.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
So I think JimIII at JDM nailed it on the head. It looks like a clogged cat... Check this shit out!!!

blowncat1.jpg

That's fucked up. How many miles on those cats? What causes a cat to clog? After installing the Kooks cat'ed X-Pipe, I's seriously thinking of going to the OR version. It is possible to just gut the cats? And how would one go about it? This isn't the first I've seen on a FI stang, and I don't want mine to be the next.

Boozshey

Reaction score
That's a coincidence. My local shop just had a GT500 bust a block because one Kooks high flow cat clogged up. Another GT also with Kooks high flow cats also had a problem where the cats were to blame, although the shortblock luckily remained intact.

Damn, that sucks...

That's fucked up. How many miles on those cats? What causes a cat to clog? After installing the Kooks cat'ed X-Pipe, I's seriously thinking of going to the OR version. It is possible to just gut the cats? And how would one go about it? This isn't the first I've seen on a FI stang, and I don't want mine to be the next.

Bought them used, but the other owner only had 1000 miles on them...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back