My Mustang Journey, Thus Far.... (With Pictures)

Branomano08BlackBullitt

Soaking Up The Knowledge
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this Mustang Board but I have been on other ones for the past year or so. I just recently found you guys like a month ago and this is definitely my favorite board. Anyway I figured I would tell you all about my "Mustang Journey" so far :beerdrink:

Anyway it all started when I was about 11 years old I was messing around on eBay Motors looking at cars and I noticed this really cool old-school looking red car. It was a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 which became my Dream Car. I would look at pictures of it all the time and I could just not get enough. When I turned 13 I heard mumblings of the 2005 Mustang being made more retro like the ones from the 60's-70's I was really excited. Then one day I got on the computer to see the Torch Red 2005 Mustang GT on AOL News. And to be honest... I was disappointed it wasn't what I thought it would be.... Being 13 and being 3 years from having a license I was starting to look at cars that I could "possibly" have. When I saw the price I forgot what it was exactly but, I was like... that will never happen... My mom also wouldn't let me get a 1969 for the obvious safety and reliability issues. That was the end of that discussion for quite a while...... 4 Years later I had finally gotten my license and my "Budget" had been changed a few times.... so by the time I was at the Carmax lot I really had no idea what I should bother looking at.

What happened was originally my budget was $25,000. Yes I was extremely happy.. more then could be described.. but at the lot my parents dropped a massive bummer bomb on me... they told me $10,000...... it hurt... bad... but regardless.. they were still helping me get my first car and I was happy. Anyway I walked over to a 1999 Pontiac Firebird.... yeah... I did.... it was the sportiest thing I could find in my price range... but, when I sat in it with my 6"1 Frame and 280lbs weight my mom said... No way, that looks so uncomfortable and unsafe..... I had to agree... but it was the only thing we could find... I was pretty devastated when we were walking out through the Carmax Showroom... BUT! Then it happened... and I just realized I wrote a descriptive essay for English last week that I can copy this part from and spice it up a little :beerdrink: here ya go:

"As I walked back to my parents car a feeling of deep pain engulfed me. I realized I would be going back to the same house that had been my prison for the past 17 years with no way to leave or go anywhere unless my parents were willing to take me, which they rarely would as busy as they were. The more I thought about it the more the sadness consumed me until I felt a lump forming in my throat and I felt a tear coming on. The pain was almost too much to bare but incredibly I was able to contain myself. As we walked back through the showroom something happened that would change the course of my day and possibly my life. My mom told me to go sit in "that" car and when I looked up and saw it. In front of me was a beautiful 2006 Torch Red Mustang Coupe GT the car I had been wanting since it came out when I was 13 years old and I saw it on the front of AOL news when it was first announced. All of the sudden the song that plays in Ferris Bueller when Ferris saw Cameron's dads Ferrari started playing in my head. I ran up and sat in it. I immediately fell into the leather bucket seats which gripped me like a glove and were as comfortable as my couch at home. I put my hand on the leather wrapped steering wheel and gripped it hard my hands felt so at home on it like they had been there before. The salesperson brought me the keys and told me to start it up I put the key into the ignition and turned it on. Immediately the 4.6 Liter V8 engine roared to life inside of the showroom the sound echoed and enveloped everyones ears with the sound of a true american muscle car it pulsed down to the deepest part of the ear canal and seemed to rattle your brain. I looked at my mom and she looked back at me and said "You want it?" and I couldn't even talk because the smile across my face was so strong it had rendered me unable to speak but I think that was all she needed. I did not leave the car once during the entire process I just sat in it getting acquainted with all of the awesome features on the car I was in a state of utter shock everything was new and purely awesome."

Corny? NO DOUBT! But oh so true..... I loved that car... yes I said lovED and we will get to that tragic part of the story soon enough.... let me grab a few other little excerpts that I kinda liked/laughed at....

"The defining moment of the day was when I first pulled the car of the lot and rolled onto the street. I pushed in the throttle and the wheels lit up, I saw a small cloud of smoke and the car hooked and took off like a fat kid running after an ice cream truck and of course, I quickly let off of the throttle."

Haha, one more.....

"The only limit I had was my gas tank which the car seems to chug like a little kid who just got his hands on a lemonade after playing basketball in the blistering heat of the sun for 2 hours, which was probably the only downside."

Last one.....

"I realized I wasn't ready to stop driving yet so I hoped back in the car. I just could not stop it was almost like a drug addiction to horsepower and gasoline."

I sadly only got 1 picture of the car when it was stock since I was too busy having fun in it..... here that one is....

Stang283.jpg

After 6 months of working full time and not having a rent to pay...... the car looked like this....

DSCN1355.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1359.jpg

The car wasn't even close to done yet..... it was well on its way... but then tragedy struck.... do to an inexperienced 17 Year old dumbass driver, I don't think I need to say more...... Here is the gory end.....

utf-8BY2lkXzcyMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BY2lkXzU1Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BY2lkXzc4MS5qcGc.jpg

The story is simple... I will regret it forever but also be thankful that I survived and had a chance to change.... the way I drove before I hurt anyone.... but, I will forever miss that car... anyway basically was at a 4 way street-light it was empty and I was being stupid. I did a 5 second brake stand/burnout and let off the brake turned left initiating a drift I corrected.... but I had over-corrected and the car suddenly got grip and instantly turned and hit the pole. The car was totaled about 2 weeks later we ended up getting more back then was paid. Also the hood in the picture was not painted since I had just picked it up 2 days before.... it was the TruFiber Super Snake hood.... not the Venom hood... this was one of the last ones they had in stock too... I think they made more though... either way... it made it suck that much more....

Anyway.... back to happy stuff..... about 4 weeks after that tragic day we went to some Ford Dealers... and there was a 2008 Black Bullitt that just blew me away... I loved it from the second I sat in it... it was a completely different feeling car then my previous one... I have been enjoying it ever since and driving alot safer and less recklessly. I will not say I am an angel but I am not being crazy anymore... here are some pics....

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

2-12.jpg

Thanks for reading guys. Hope you enjoyed, and hopefully if there are any of you other guys (you know who you are) who feel they might push there limits some times.... let this be a warning of the dangers. Peace.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
where was your ass when I needed help writing something for don quixote??! lol. :kidding: great story man, and I remember seeing those pics of the torch red one a while back. good to see you're back in an S197 though! :beerchug2:

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bummer on the first car, but the life lessons that have the most impact are usually the ones that are the most painful. I'm glad to see that one didn't hurt you physically.

The Bullitts are sweet!

Reaction score
I think God punished you for putting that hood on there... Just a thought. :idea:

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Great story! Great lessons learned as well. That is a great ending to a tragic story.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back