My procharged 2011 mustang

redfire05

forum member
Reaction score
I recently got rid of my 05 mustang and bought an 11'. Very happy with the car from the factory but wanted more. I talked to a friend at DBR high performance and we decided on trying out a procharger on the new 5.0 along with magnaflows 3" competion series exhaust with the catted x-pipe. I go Sunday to pick the car up and I'll be sure to get some videos of it but for now all I have is a few pics of the install.

http://dbrhighperformance.com/cart_new/photogallery-thumbs.php?album_id=50

redfire05

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you. I can't wait to drive it. He's putting the exhaust on tomorrow. But unfortunately my only day off is Sunday, so I can't post any videos just yet but I will see if he can send me a couple of videos of the car in the morning!

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Nice, it's gonna be a street terror
DSC03241.JPG

redfire05

forum member
Reaction score
I hope so, now i need to tackle the suspension and get some stickier tires :)

redfire05

forum member
Reaction score
September 18th were having a show at Beach Bend park in Bowling green Kentucky. So by then i should have some suspension and tires and see what it will do in the quarter. And if the car so happens to blow, that just gives me a reason to build the engine and throw more boost. But it's only running 7lbs now so it should be pretty safe.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
And rods, and pistons that will be in the high 8's for compression ratio.

maybe in your 2007. a 2011 has advantages most dont undestand.

rods are leagues stronger than yours. coyotes are handling 600+rwhp with no problems.

piston squirters cool hypercraptic pistons for long life underboost. at 550rwhp his motor will live forever.

10psi is what the motor can handle with good VCT tuning for DCR.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
September 18th were having a show at Beach Bend park in Bowling green Kentucky. So by then i should have some suspension and tires and see what it will do in the quarter. And if the car so happens to blow, that just gives me a reason to build the engine and throw more boost. But it's only running 7lbs now so it should be pretty safe.

extremely safe.

Jim Vaccaro

forum member
Reaction score
If one had a stock auto, would the be safe ?

I think so...In my humble opinion ,,Properly tunned we will see guys using 9 to 10 lbs of boost..
When the 4.6 3valve came out they were talking 4 to 5 lbs and then 8 to 9 lbs are being used with some guys using boost levels even higher..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back