My S197 Project build thread

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, but I just read all 16 pages, and all I can saw is "wow"! Like others have already stated, you really inspire us(me) to get to work on our cars. Congrats on getting into the 11's n/a!

Now, first order of business: get rid of these heavy a$$ Saleen's...:rant:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, but I just read all 16 pages, and all I can saw is "wow"! Like others have already stated, you really inspire us(me) to get to work on our cars. Congrats on getting into the 11's n/a!

Now, first order of business: get rid of these heavy a$$ Saleen's...:rant:

Wow blast from the past lol ... I just went through the pages my self xD

Thanks I really do enjoy the sport

ranebowcyxx

forum member
Reaction score
Very impressive ride.
I have never read 16 pages of a single thread before. I applaud how methodical you have been and not just tossing parts at the car. I finally got around to buying a 4.6 3V and getting rid of my 6.

Is there a weight benefit to the Racemaster K member vs. the BMR part? I do want to go with a K member swap just wanted to know what the Pros/Cons of either if you know.

BTW, I have hit low 1.6s and even a 1.59 60 with rear coil overs and 50/50s out back. It seems I stumbled on a good combination that hasn't been too costly so I thought I'd share

One last question, who is the hood from? Yes, I'm kidding

blue streak

forum member
Reaction score
hey matt, how much weight you think you could save by going to a harwood lift-off hood over what ya have now? i figured close to 10lbs from the hinges and latch alone. and i think the hood is a lot lighter since it doesnt have to support is weight by the hinge.

slickman

Reaction score
Well, lets get this post out of the grave yard. I know its real old but, I must say, HOLY Horses batman! Love it, great job!!

What's the spec's on the engine?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back