My S197 Project build thread

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Matt,

I love the seats and was thinking buying a set. My concern is will they fit with my cage. When you have time could you take a pic with the door closed looking down by the back of the door opening? If these will clear my door bar I am getting them. The part I am worried about is were the seat has a widens out by the shoulders.

TIA

08VistablueGT

Booyakasha!
Reaction score
Just snapped some pics before I put it in the trailer for some 1320 run downs this weekend

Thought I would share an interior pic since I have never posted it (Fx1 pro corbeau seats in suade, corbeau 5 point camlock belts on both sides and the corbeau harness bar painted black) just before everyone asks lol

and yes this is where all the action happens :thumb2: 5 speed ftw

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

The guy never dropped off the california front bumper (buying it off em) so I never got to do the cobra jet front end before this weekend :(

Sick man. Where did you find the aftermarket rails to make the seats work? I'm looking into getting some Cobra or Corbeau seats.

dougie b

Reaction score
i can haz front lip? haha good work man can't wait to see you break into the 11s....im close but ive got some of the giggle juice...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter since you don't have a cage anyway but if you do get a cage - you will need a new harness as well as those are not legal.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter since you don't have a cage anyway but if you do get a cage - you will need a new harness as well as those are not legal.

That is the 5 point belt I have also (as far as the style) and I pass tech all the time, why is it not legal? Did they change a rule I am not aware of?

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
I can say I just read through all 14 pages and this makes me want to put my car on a diet. LOL I have to the A/C and rear seat I have a 3 year old that has to have those. I'm going to start loseing some others that you posted. Like the front end and sway bar. I'm getting some skinnies and wides and loseing my 18's. I've wanted 15's on my car since the day I bought it.

This gives me hope. I was thinking of selling my 08 and just building me a 308 coupe (which I have all the parts to build) but I think I'm going to sell my jeep and just build the hell out of my 08!

Good luck got any updates?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is the 5 point belt I have also (as far as the style) and I pass tech all the time, why is it not legal? Did they change a rule I am not aware of?

No - it was my mistake. I thought they were a 'Y' connecting harness (which is not legal amymore) - after a closer look at the pics - I realized they were not - they are legal...:beerdrink:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can say I just read through all 14 pages and this makes me want to put my car on a diet. LOL I have to the A/C and rear seat I have a 3 year old that has to have those. I'm going to start loseing some others that you posted. Like the front end and sway bar. I'm getting some skinnies and wides and loseing my 18's. I've wanted 15's on my car since the day I bought it.

This gives me hope. I was thinking of selling my 08 and just building me a 308 coupe (which I have all the parts to build) but I think I'm going to sell my jeep and just build the hell out of my 08!

Good luck got any updates?

Update is im going to the track this weekend lol

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Damn Matt, i just read through the past 6+ pages since i have last been on the forums.. Car looks great and you are SOO damn close to your goal bro.. Good luck this weekend. Where are those videos you talked about?

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Hey Matt, Are those Bogarts mounted on your car in your sig pic? They look different for some reason. Did BBR_John make that sig?

Josh

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Dam Matt..... DAAMMM.....

Seriously some sick stuff going on... I am grinding away at my trunk right now and going to spray it the color of my car... I want to loose some weight now!!!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not with the tubular k-member.

Exactly. I would not even come close to those guys... they run 11.1s on race day.. The JPC car hs gone 10s before. The differnce is my car is a street car still... Im not going to use 13:1-14:1 compression to make up the power of the stock heads and cam. I wont be running a 4.56 or 4.88 gear on a 26 tire like these guys ither lol.

I look up to the factory stock guys truley amazing what they do

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Have you removed your Evap. system? If so, what was the results and weight loss. If not, why did you change your mind?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back