My S197 Project build thread

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that Scale accurate? Has it been calibrated before and after the DaSilva racing sticker? has the DaSilva Racing sticker been weight separately? has the adhesive on the sticker been weighed? has it been weight at gross weight with the protective backing around the adhesive for research purposes?

:thud:

j/k man, good luck getting that thing to a 11.99 or better. :beer:

lmao thanks man

Branomano08BlackBullitt

Soaking Up The Knowledge
Reaction score
Man this car is gonna be so light eventually its just gonna fly away.. haha the first ever 2999lbs S197.... haha ridiculous... must be great for MPG's lol. Naw seriously though man I love your car and everything your doin with it good luck on 11's and keep it up.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man this car is gonna be so light eventually its just gonna fly away.. haha the first ever 2999lbs S197.... haha ridiculous... must be great for MPG's lol. Naw seriously though man I love your car and everything your doin with it good luck on 11's and keep it up.

Im going to get this thing to 3000 lbs come winter time ;)

Branomano08BlackBullitt

Soaking Up The Knowledge
Reaction score
Watch out Honda S2000's! Your about to meet American Muscle on a Diet!!! Muhuhahaha man thats reidiculously light for these cars man.... you will be able to bring that thing to whole other level with just 3000LBS I don't even wanna know what mine ways with me in it... haha im working on it though... kind of sad that the biggest weight loss mod I can do is myself... I need to drop about 90LBS.... but I bet my track times will increase =) and it wont cost me a penny haha.

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
Cars looks lean and mean

Did you do the lighter bumper beams yet?

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Watch out Honda S2000's! Your about to meet American Muscle on a Diet!!! Muhuhahaha man thats reidiculously light for these cars man.... you will be able to bring that thing to whole other level with just 3000LBS I don't even wanna know what mine ways with me in it... haha im working on it though... kind of sad that the biggest weight loss mod I can do is myself... I need to drop about 90LBS.... but I bet my track times will increase =) and it wont cost me a penny haha.

It's funny you mention S2000... I want that to be my next build car in a few years :p Try and get a 12 second all motor s2000 with skinnies and bigs on the back :)

BlackNine

forum member
Reaction score
Nice car, I guess in Canada you can get away with it but down here any car I own will have a fully functioning A/C haha

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I roll my windows down no matter how hot. I hate fakin ac lol so why have it? :p

Alright, yes and no. I roll with my windows down always unless it's pouring like hell outside, no matter the temp. but if it's balls to the walls hot like it is here right now (103 degrees and 33% humidity) windows down and AC on for a while at least til I'm on the freeway or something. lol.

I'm pretty sure it's worse in Houston, Texas where I live.

97 degrees right now and 36% humidity. :omfg:

I feel your pain, I'm just a little closer to the fackin equator though.. lol.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Alright, yes and no. I roll with my windows down always unless it's pouring like hell outside, no matter the temp. but if it's balls to the walls hot like it is here right now (103 degrees and 33% humidity) windows down and AC on for a while at least til I'm on the freeway or something. lol.

I feel your pain, I'm just a little closer to the fackin equator though.. lol.

It's terrible here IMO, I stay inside most of the day because it's so bad. Some kids burned down my pool's playground, so they closed it for repairs, but they haven't done shi* to it yet. My only other option is to go to the other pool which is filthy.

Heck I went to the grocery store yesterday, and since I didn't drink a good amount of water before leaving the house, I got kind of tired from loading groceries in the car, taking them out, and putting them up. I'm so tired of this crap.

Anyway, back to topic. Matt, so you bought the rear shocks, front struts and coilover kit?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's terrible here IMO, I stay inside most of the day because it's so bad. Some kids burned down my pool's playground, so they closed it for repairs, but they haven't done shi* to it yet. My only other option is to go to the other pool which is filthy.

Heck I went to the grocery store yesterday, and since I didn't drink a good amount of water before leaving the house, I got kind of tired from loading groceries in the car, taking them out, and putting them up. I'm so tired of this crap.

Anyway, back to topic. Matt, so you bought the rear shocks, front struts and coilover kit?

correct :thumb2: I just got my brisk plugs today I wont have a chance to dyno test them but i will track test them :)

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

Good thinking. :thumb:

correct :thumb2: I just got my brisk plugs today I wont have a chance to dyno test them but i will track test them :)

Nice.. Did you ever finish the belly pan or you only got to do the front after all?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good thinking. :thumb:

Nice.. Did you ever finish the belly pan or you only got to do the front after all?

My original one I mad ripped apart top end of the track -_- dam plastic ripped where the bolts where on the steering rack. So right now im not running a bellypan but I will be making one out of alum in the future

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just snapped some pics before I put it in the trailer for some 1320 run downs this weekend

DSC02328.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

Thought I would share an interior pic since I have never posted it (Fx1 pro corbeau seats in suade, corbeau 5 point camlock belts on both sides and the corbeau harness bar painted black) just before everyone asks lol

and yes this is where all the action happens :thumb2: 5 speed ftw

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

The guy never dropped off the california front bumper (buying it off em) so I never got to do the cobra jet front end before this weekend :(

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
Just snapped some pics before I put it in the trailer for some 1320 run downs this weekend

Thought I would share an interior pic since I have never posted it (Fx1 pro corbeau seats in suade, corbeau 5 point camlock belts on both sides and the corbeau harness bar painted black) just before everyone asks lol

and yes this is where all the action happens :thumb2: 5 speed ftw

DSC02332.jpg

The guy never dropped off the california front bumper (buying it off em) so I never got to do the cobra jet front end before this weekend :(
can those seats be adjusted front to back?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't say my interior its gutted because is full :p all the weight I knocked off you can't see :)

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back