Need Alternator Bracket for '06 GT

ernest1b

Reaction score
Hello, I have looked far and wide for an alternator bracket for a '06 GT and can't find one. Ford doesn't make them anymore. PN 4R3Z-10153-AA. Any help is appreciated.

ernest1b

Reaction score
@86GT351 I've tried local salvage yards and haven't had any luck. I'll probably have to expand my search radius.
@bambam 06 Weird, but that ebay link isn't working for me, says the page is missing. And a search for the PN is coming up blank as well.

bambam 06

Reaction score
@86GT351 I've tried local salvage yards and haven't had any luck. I'll probably have to expand my search radius.
@bambam 06 Weird, but that ebay link isn't working for me, says the page is missing. And a search for the PN is coming up blank as well.

Yes, i tried too and came back page missing. Weird.

bambam 06

Reaction score
The other bracket that may fit, will be from a Crown Vic Police interceptor. I have the Alternator from a 2007 Crown Vic in my 2006 Mustang and it fitted the bracket to T, no alterations were needed. Good luck.

thailand

forum member
Reaction score
I think its the right part, just lazy web designing. Its the part number he needs stamped on it too.
Begs the question...what did he do to the one that came with the car?!? :)

ernest1b

Reaction score
Ha! I would like to know that too! It was either missing when he bought it or my son neglected to put it back on when he replaced the alternator. So now it is only held on by only two bolts through the front, and every time the compressor kicks on it stresses the bolts. You can actually see the alternator shift slightly. The bolts eventually bent so much the serpentine belt kept slipping off. At first we thought one of the idler pulleys was bad but eventually figured out what was going on. For now he drives without ac to hopefully make it last longer.
Anyway, thanks for the options, I'll check them out.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Ha! I would like to know that too! It was either missing when he bought it or my son neglected to put it back on when he replaced the alternator. So now it is only held on by only two bolts through the front, and every time the compressor kicks on it stresses the bolts. You can actually see the alternator shift slightly. The bolts eventually bent so much the serpentine belt kept slipping off. At first we thought one of the idler pulleys was bad but eventually figured out what was going on. For now he drives without ac to hopefully make it last longer.
Anyway, thanks for the options, I'll check them out.

My Whipple set up does away with that bracket and the only two bolts holding it on are the two on the bottom. Now maybe my belt does not follow the factory path so maybe the stress on the alternator mounting points are different but I have never had any issues.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back