Need Audio Help

06Stang

Saleen Supercharged
Reaction score
Thats pretty hard core hahaha nice job.

So you're basically OPPOSITE end of the spectrum from where I'm at.

Me- Buy some cheap replacement speakers

You- Set off a car alarm in another state

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
I literally just got off the phone with crutchfield about this exact thing. I wanted some decent speakers that woudld work with the factory amps as I'm trying to clean up the sound and not spend to much money. They recommeneded the Boston Acoustics S85 5x7/6x8 all the way around based on sound, power used, and sensativity. They are currently on sale for $110 a pair. I will probably being going that route. If I was going to go all out and start from scratch, which may happen some day, i've always loved Pioneer & Alpine Headunits, JL Speakers and Woofers. Best thing you can do is call Crutchfield...its their job and they know it well...it'd be like calling Brenspeed/BBR/Ect when your clueless :)

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty hard core hahaha nice job.

So you're basically OPPOSITE end of the spectrum from where I'm at.

Me- Buy some cheap replacement speakers

You- Set off a car alarm in another state

lol parking garages were a blast .......

FWIW I built that whole system for under $2000 ( amp alone was $1000 and power/ground was $350 ) These things can be put together for a real decent price just don't jump on the first thing you see . That was not with any workers discount either that was all myself skimming the net .

BTW if anyone needs any connectors , adapters , power/ground wires , signal adapters , etc. shoot me a pm I still have a whole crate of random shit from when I used to do this shit . Most is all stinger or ( PAC<---adapters ) and brand new in package .

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
FYI...found a killer set of replacement speakers

JL Audio 5x7 TR series...this used to be the "middle" line for JL, but the entry level line got cut, and now this is it. Prices went from $150 a pair to $90...put them in...they sound quite awesome...definitely worth the $ for sure

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back