Need Help with Roush Hood Scoop Install

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
<HR style="COLOR: silver" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I'm having some trouble getting the hood install parts from Roush. Seems they don't sell them direct, and none of the dealerships around here have a part number for the just the instal kit. And I can't find a download of the template on their website and can't seem to get anyone from Roush willing to fax/email me one.

So, does anyone still have their Roush template they used to install their hood scoop that would be willing to mail it to me? I'll pay the mailing fee both ways, of course.

Or, can anyone take some closeup shots of theirs so I can get an idea of where to mount it? And/or measure how far from the back of the hood the very rear part of the scoop is mounted. If I have that, I can 'eye ball' center it using my stripes and center 'crease' in my hood and center it between the two washers as well. It'll be harder and I'll have to measure everything a dozen times, but I think I can do it. But if I had a few measurements or the template that would really help.

Thanks in advance! Many beers for you if we meet someday!:bigbeer:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should get it today according to tracking, just getting prepaired for the install.

2k7gtcs has hooked me up! He's going to mail me the template and instructions, so after a trip to the store for some hardware/3M high bond double side tape, I should be good to go!

Hope to have it in this weekend. And thanks GRAYPNY for the great deal!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Template Should Have Came With The Kit, I Kno Cuz I Got My Roush Scoop With It, Was Pretty Easy To Install

This kit is used, but I got a template from another member. And it was really easy to install and looks great.

I see from your pic you have a strut tower brace over your KB. What brand is it and does it rub? Do you have lower engine mounts?

SilverS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat i have the scoop but no hardware or template. I think i can figure out something for the hardware but i would really appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the template or i will buy one somebody doesnt need.

Thanks D

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Hey Silver197, did you get your Roush scoop installed? I get my 06GT today and already have CDC classic chin (painted), Roush scoop and GT500 spoiler on the way. My scoop comes with the template. I am 70 miles from you.

Bnbstang

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm looking for the template or measurement from the back edge of hood to the scoop "centered"? I'll pay if need be? Anybody? Let me know thanks.

Jwood562

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm looking for the template or measurement from the back edge of hood to the scoop "centered"? I'll pay if need be? Anybody? Let me know thanks.

I have my new hood scoop still in the box in the garage. I can take a pic and or measurement for you tomorrow

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back