need some longer wheel studs

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
i have FR500's on my car with the stock lugnuts, they only get about 3/4 of an inch of thread, and i want to put 5/16 spacers on all four, what company sells some longer studs so i can safely run these?

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
they don't have them, i live ten miles away from summit. Ford Racing appears to be the only ones that even make them, that are the factory press in type. 3-inch overall length, .619 knurl diameter rear, .560 knurl diameter front, half inch by twenty threads. i can't see paying $200 for wheel studs so my wheels can stick out 5/16 of an inch, im probably just take the damn spacers back...

the parts store told me the knurl was .619 and .560 knurl diameter, but ford says .614 and .549 i guess either would press into the hub/axle i'm guessing factory and aftermarket go by different standards

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of longer studs I ran from summit or jegs when I had they're big and little setup for the track. Not sure what exact size they were but I remember paying around $90-100 or the front sets when I bought them. Maybe I can look back at some old threads and see if they work for you if you're interested.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like Mikey has a deal for the fronts. Rechase the threads on the damaged one and it will be fine.

I have a set for the rear in used but perect condition 65.00 shipped

Last edited:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used these on the rear:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-46180/
1/2-20 in. x 3 in. Long, .615

and it seems like these would fit in the front:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-46220/
1/2-20 in. x 3 in. Long, .563

Be careful with the fronts, we know that ARP # 100-7722 work in the front as several on the board have tried them. They have a Knurl Diameter of 0.549 in. versus the 0.563 in of the Moroso studs.

For a few extra $'s I elected to go with the FRPP Hubs with ARP Studs # M-1104-A.

IMG_0408.jpg

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't used the moroso fronts, so cant specifically comment on those, but I'll keep that in mind when time comes to add them.

Any of you guys using smaller open ended 17mm lug nuts? My wheels have very tight clearance between lugs and 17mm is about all I can fit for socket in there.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I used open ended nuts when I ran mine. I'm actually still running thise open ended nuts on my car since I haven't ordered a new set of black lugnuts for it

Back