need tires, want opinions

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
So I found nitto nt555 for 168 on discount tire in a 275/40r18 from what Ive seen thats a damn good price, is that my best bet? or is there something else I should consider? Car is mostly a DD with few track days in richmond

Mustang-mike

Shwetty member
Reaction score
I bought some cooper zeon tires to put on my boss LS wheels and I am happy with them. Cooper RS3-A up front and RS3-S in the back, so far the best tire I have used on my mustangs.

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
I saw the coopers damn good tire, just cant do 200+ right now.
I know sounds stupid for that biga tire

Mustang-mike

Shwetty member
Reaction score
What about toyo proxes? I believe they are pretty inexpensive and an all around good tire. I know to stay away from sumitomo, I had those before and they were a horrible tire. Hard compound, they wore fast they didn't stick well on wet roads also. :2cents:

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
They weren't bad on my Cobra. If they're the 555r's I wouldn't put them all around though, I don't recall ever seeing the street radials for that cheap.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I was just looking recently and I think one of the better deals was the Sumitomo htz II's from tire rack at $120 each. Shipping to Richmond would be about $53 for four. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...8HTRZ2V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

su_htr_zII_ci2_l.jpg

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
ive heard the same and all the people that do like them are honda guys. that should be an automatic red flag haha. Never did find any toyo proxes

What about toyo proxes? I believe they are pretty inexpensive and an all around good tire. I know to stay away from sumitomo, I had those before and they were a horrible tire. Hard compound, they wore fast they didn't stick well on wet roads also. :2cents:

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
ended up biting the bullet on the nittos, its true they were 168$ plus got my rebate "its over now" but it seems like the best bang for the buck to me

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
I got 555s all the way around, 275/40. That is some serious tire that will be new to me lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back