New 3.7 Exhaust videos

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
New exhaust setup. I think it sounds good for being a V6. Bring on the flame..
shit i probably should have put this in the video section..

Lethal Performance offroad X
Borla S-type Axlebacks

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New exhaust setup. I think it sounds good for being a V6. Bring on the flame..
shit i probably should have put this in the video section..

yes you should have.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The second video didn't sound half bad. I just think it's hard to get a 3.7 to sound good. I heard two different ones with modded exhaust last year at Mustang Week (can't recall exactly what they were running), and both made my ears bleed.

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
yes you should have.

thanks boss. my bad.

The second video didn't sound half bad. I just think it's hard to get a 3.7 to sound good. I heard two different ones with modded exhaust last year at Mustang Week (can't recall exactly what they were running), and both made my ears bleed.

They sound like vq motors. Oh well. It is what it is. Thanks for the responses.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound bad at all. I've got a few buddies that have GTRs and oddly enough, I think the new 3.7 mustangs sound extremely similar. Even more so when they both have straight pipes.

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
It's the dual exhaust that makes them not so great sounding. A single 3" pipe into dual mufflers would probably sound much better. Duals is overkill on an n/a six bange IMO.

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
Last video was epic.

:thumb:

I think the stock exhaust sounds best.

Too quiet for me, just a matter of opinion though.

It's the dual exhaust that makes them not so great sounding. A single 3" pipe into dual mufflers would probably sound much better. Duals is overkill on an n/a six bange IMO.

I've actually heard someone else mention this before.

Doesn't sound bad at all. I've got a few buddies that have GTRs and oddly enough, I think the new 3.7 mustangs sound extremely similar. Even more so when they both have straight pipes.

So glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I haven't heard many GTRs in person, but its a cool comparison. Thanks Jason and Cam.

jmstang66

Mayhem Mustang Winner
Reaction score
doesn't sound too bad at wot....i've researched exhaust for the last 3 years for my 3.7...most all sound like ASS, I put some Shelby mufflers on just recently, sounds like a damn Infinity lol

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
doesn't sound too bad at wot....i've researched exhaust for the last 3 years for my 3.7...most all sound like ASS, I put some Shelby mufflers on just recently, sounds like a damn Infinity lol

We need to get together so I can set you straight on what that sixer needs ; )

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score

Yea they really sound like the VQ motors lol

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
The fly by video sounds kind of nice really. I think maybe I have issue with that particular exhaust note coming from a Mustang.

It'll really be hard for me when the '15 four bangers hit the streets. Fart cans and Mustang ugh.

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
The fly by video sounds kind of nice really. I think maybe I have issue with that particular exhaust note coming from a Mustang.

It'll really be hard for me when the '15 four bangers hit the streets. Fart cans and Mustang ugh.

Yea you sure don't expect that sound to come from a mustang.

*stanced, fart cans & mustangs.

Back