New 3M Clear Spray-on Film

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
For $25 I might have to give this stuff a shot. Have a big road trip coming up in a month, so it would be nice to protect the front a bit.

BlueSoulStang

forum member
Reaction score
This is the deal, right here! :thumb:

Spray the whole care while you're at it. haha

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
hell yeah! time capsule that shit when its new off the showroom floor. trade it in five years later and someone is like ohmuhgaww!!...you took good care of this lol

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Figures, getting my new DD Sunday and this is not approved for sale in Canada yet.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
The original temporary bra.....

1000105zk5.jpg

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
It's too bad that they don't make the painter's tape in other colors than blue. Would love to do that for the trip to Mustang Week to protect the front of my car, not only from rocks, but from bugs as well.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
It's too bad that they don't make the painter's tape in other colors than blue. Would love to do that for the trip to Mustang Week to protect the front of my car, not only from rocks, but from bugs as well.

Frog tape is green. I think I've seen purple as well.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Was hoping for white or a light color so that it wasn't too crazy looking, but then again, maybe do a custom with blue purple and green like flames lol

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Looking for something like this as an alternative to the blue painters tape I had planned on for the drive to Mustang Week. 15 hours on the highway in the summer, with a white car....the front is going to look like a murder scene out of CSI.

Man, I think I am just gonna do what frankie posted, just spray some plasti-dip on the front of the car. It will only be on there for the trip, since I'll peel it off when I get there. I don't care if it looks like crap for 10 hours going down the highway. Better than having bug guts all over the front of the car. Time spent cleaning that up is time that I could be spending sitting on the beach drinking cold beer.

BTW, I saw a similar product at Wal Mart last week, but it was twice the price of a can of PD:

42927134.gif

http://www.lifeandhome.com/17229-14...l-black.html?gclid=CKWA4LXC8LcCFaxaMgodeVsAOA

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
painter's tape typically won't stick to freshly sealed surfaces or coated.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I'll have to do this after my front bumper cover is resprayed

Careful, don't spray it on too soon --that new paint would still need time to fully cure and breathe before you put this stuff on

I think I might give this stuff a try. I've got too many rock chips on my fibreglass hood --that I only had painted 2 years ago

Back