New Best Naturally Aspirated

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well My previous best was a 12.9 @ 106.50 MPH. Just installed the UPR Swaybar delete and bypassed the power steering with a shorter belt.

Ran a 12.79 @ 106.75 MPH Still need to work on my 60ft!! I want to be in the 1.6-1.7 range (is that possible N/A?) Still need to purchase a 1 piece driveshaft, Longtube headers, electric water pump, etc... My goal is 12.5 with a completely N/A motor. I know spidershaft reached the 11's but I dont want to go to the extreme.... 12.5 will be fine for me hehe.

Here is a pic and timeslip of the day

If the track equipment wasnt in the way it would have been a better pic
jarrod20burnout.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice time Bro!!! Get the rest of the things you listed and you will be in the 12.5 range.

Also, I'm considering running the shorter belt next summer. Anyone have a part number size or location on the internet I could get it from? Guessing you guys are just swapping it out at the track? Thx...

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Auto Zone. Goodyear gator back 6 rib 88.2 inch belt. I believe Spidershaft is also selling the shorter belts

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
very nice, car looks awesome as well...i have a thing for grabber orange all of a sudden and your car really sets it off so reason.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment!!! Grabber Orange has always been a favorite of mine since I saw a 1970 mustang with it....and had a chance to get it in 2007 and took it. Heres another pic at the track

jarroddrags.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that orange really does it for me as well. Hell, the wife told me that if I give her my car, exactly as it is right now, then I would go out and get an orange one. Again, the stipulation is that I can't take anything off this one. Very Very tempting...

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that orange really does it for me as well. Hell, the wife told me that if I give her my car, exactly as it is right now, then I would go out and get an orange one. Again, the stipulation is that I can't take anything off this one. Very Very tempting...

Well...that gives you an excuse to start fresh! Taking a stock car and adding each performance mod and feeling the difference was fun! Just gives you a chance to do it all over again hehe

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great job with the Flying Cheeto! :clap:

The P/S delete belt I use with my UDPs is the Gatorback 4060875/6PK2225.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You get used to not having the powersteering after a while...at low speeds its a little difficult but not a problem when at speed

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You get used to not having the powersteering after a while...at low speeds its a little difficult but not a problem when at speed

LOL, no shit! I think I bulked up a little. When I put the stock belt back on it felt like the steering wheel wasn't even connected to the car.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You guys are running the shorter belt as DD or only at the track?

I have only run the shorter belt at the track...although last time out I got lazy and didnt put the stock belt back on for a couple of days...drove around like that hehe. I think I bulked up a little as well

DONTLIKEYOU

forum member
Reaction score
it looks like there will be a posse of us Wichita guys going to Tulsa this weekend possibly maybe I will run into ya there

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back