New cage and other goodies for the 5.0 !!!!!

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Just got done installing a 6 point cage, brembo brakes (will have strange race fronts on for track duty), circle-d triple disk converter, a narrowed spoiled rear, and as soon as my fuel system is ready some more boost.
aefc5ccc-935f-b4c6.jpg

aefc5ccc-9400-da0a.jpg
aefc5ccc-941b-5603.jpg
aefc5ccc-9431-cb2d.jpg
aefc5ccc-9443-9948.jpg
aefc5ccc-9453-e967.jpg

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Who made the roll bar, is it a kit?

Earl

yes this is a roll bar that can be bought as a kit through evolution performance they have them on there web site this is their newest version of their cage. I also had one in my 07 before it became an all out race car. the fit and finish on this cage is great it has a textured black powder coat that seams almost imposible to scratch and nothing has to be cut in the car. total weight with the extra plates was 58lbs.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Is it bolt-in or weld-in?

EDIT: I meant to say, I see that it is bolt-in, but did you weld it anyways?

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
I had extra thick plates welded to the car and then bolted the cage to them only because the cage will only be in the car during the nmra events really didn't want to put one in to begin with but the car went 10.60's the first time out plus with the new setup its only going to go faster so saftey first. besides the black car is going to be down for most of the season so i'll be racing in superstang this year.

Bad Intention

forum member
Reaction score
Cage looks good. Does the back bars go between the side of the seat and Interior panel? If you dont mind me asking what stall did you go with?

Last edited:

stang67gt

wrench turner
Reaction score
Fit looks great!

Quick question... I was always under the impression that the back braces had to be welded to the main hoop. Have you ever been hassled at tech for them being bolted at the hoop?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Crazy stuff man! Must be hard doing both cars up at the same time... one is bad enough :roflmao:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back