New Guy - 2013 GT

sholzer

forum member
Reaction score
I've been an import guy since I had my first car but always had a soft spot for mustangs since my father used to own a 03 Mach 1. Sadly, he got rid of it before I was able to drive it. My first car was a 2007 Jetta and I started modding it and my whole car obsession started. After a couple years of owning the jetta, I wanted something else a bit different so I purchased a 97 Jeep wrangler for a toy. Wheeling it wasn't totally my thing (was more into autox, and fast cars) so I sold the Jeep and bought a 2002 WRX. I eventually ran into some money issues with college and everything, so I had to sell the WRX and go back to just having the Jetta. I missed the WRX a ton and didn't enjoy the Jetta anymore like I used to. Once I got my money situation right, I traded the Jetta + cash for a 2007 STI. That car was awesome, when it ran right. A month after I bought it, it lost compression on cyl 4 (07s and 08s were notorious for this). So I dove into my first motor rebuild, and the car ran great afterward, but after about 6 months, it started developing some quirks. For instance, on cold starts, it would spit oil out of the exhaust, it started to burn oil, and make some weird humming noises at highway speeds. So I decided to cut my losses on that car and trade it in for a new mustang. At first I was planning on buying a base model GT to keep my payments lower, then I decided I wanted the brembos, then I heard the 3.73s made a huge difference and I had to have those too and the cycle of upselling myself took over. I ended up at a dealer looking at a 2013 GT premium with track pack, recaros, and reverse sensing/security package and after the test drive, I had to have it.

That ended up being a lot longer than I thought, but this is where I am now. I love the new car, especially coming from my STI (last owner was a smoker and spilled gear oil in the trunk, so it constantly smelled and had cig burns all over the place).

Here is a quick picture I took yesterday morning, I'm going to clean her up again this weekend (rained on the way home from the dealer) and get some more better pictures.

fa599809.jpg

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
nice!! welcome and make sure you keep making insurance payments and dont let the insurance lapse lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back