new guy in the bay area, ca

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Finally after many years of way too high insurance I can finally afford to pay it so i bought my first Mustang. 2005 gt.

Having a blast. Have had a bunch of "almost mustangs", I.e. fox body cougar/tbird and then 4 different mn12's going through 89 up to 97.

The car is stock right now, but itching to start playing with it. Has the front end clink issue, stepped motors, possibly a clutch (unsure of its condition and don't trust it) and the driveshaft bearing is going out. I may just fix those issues then trade up to an '11+, we'll see how money goes I guess! Finally found something I can consider a career, just need work to keep coming in.

Btw I am 30, moved here from Milwaukee, wi in 2007 to get away from winter. I am still amazed every time I get under a cali car and things just unbolt without any drama or missing skin.

I do pretty much all of my own work outside of alignments and am not afraid to figure it out. That's most of the fun of playing with cars, not paying someone to do it for you. Ive rebuilt a few GM engines, a couple old Ford engines (400, 351m+w) and c4 th350, th700r4 transmissions. Like I said, not afraid to figure it out.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ u stealing my posts? :lol:

Welcome

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
Welcome.

Tell me you didn't voluntarily move into California. I've been here since 07 as well and I can't wait to get out. I'm being kept here against my will though.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Tell me you didn't voluntarily move into California. I've been here since 07 as well and I can't wait to get out. I'm being kept here against my will though.
Yea, voluntarily. I actually love it here, for the most part.

There are certain aspects of living here that make me question my choices. I don't think my family and I will stay indefinitely, but I also refuse to go back to where I grew up... Milwaukee, wi. THAT place is a giant shit hole. In every way you could spin that.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome ummdah.

I have family that live in both Southern and Northern Cali. I love visiting out there. The weather is amazing, and there's tons of stuff to do, but the traffic is horrible, and with the cost of living being what it is, I don't know how people survive. For me it's a great place to visit, but not sure if I could live there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back