New in CO

KKstang

Reaction score
Hey group I'm Karlee, I have an 09 GT and am new to the whole mustang world. I have had my car about a year and want to go faster... If anyone has any pointers or can steer me in the right direction any information would be great!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome! The first thing you need to figure out is what your plans are for the car. The second thing you need to realize is that this site will make your bank account dwindle tremendously. Thirdly, I shall give you your first and ONLY warning, this site is NOT for the weak of heart.

Again, welcome.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Whenever I get home I'm just up the road. The knowledge here is first rate, but so are the leghumpers. If you can tolerate the latter, the former is pretty cool. Of course, the next chant will be 'post some photos', so I'll start - post some photos! (of the car).

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
First off, Congrats on the Mustang. You mention wanting to go faster, but establishing your long-term goals will give you a path to follow.

Mustangs are a lot like College courses. If you don't have a good plan up front, you'll spend years agonizing where you're headed and end up spending twice as much as you should.

This website is THE RIGHT PLACE to learn about going faster. Unfortunately, these people donate blood and sleep in tents to make their cars faster! This is a pretty extreme performance group, and thus the previous warnings.

I myself have a mildly tuned car right now and I am happy for now.

First, find out what local shops support modifications. The guy in Woodland Park ought to know, so you can PM him. You want to find a shop with a Dyno. You then go to that shop and get an idea of upgrades and cost.

Because you are in the Springs, you are at a disadvantage for air. I would recommend forced induction, but you have to be ready to drop $3K to even open that door.

A cold air intake and tune will do wonders. I have family there I visit annually and my car ran good on '91 octane while there. I have a C&L Racer intake with DiabloSport tuner.

As stated, find out what the locals are using and what shops support late model Mustangs. Nothing worse than paying for things and finding out you're on your own. You don't want to do anything that can't be supported or undone.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off, Congrats on the Mustang. You mention wanting to go faster, but establishing your long-term goals will give you a path to follow.

Mustangs are a lot like College courses. If you don't have a good plan up front, you'll spend years agonizing where you're headed and end up spending twice as much as you should.

This website is THE RIGHT PLACE to learn about going faster. Unfortunately, these people donate blood and sleep in tents to make their cars faster! This is a pretty extreme performance group, and thus the previous warnings.

I myself have a mildly tuned car right now and I am happy for now.

First, find out what local shops support modifications. The guy in Woodland Park ought to know, so you can PM him. You want to find a shop with a Dyno. You then go to that shop and get an idea of upgrades and cost.

Because you are in the Springs, you are at a disadvantage for air. I would recommend forced induction, but you have to be ready to drop $3K to even open that door.

A cold air intake and tune will do wonders. I have family there I visit annually and my car ran good on '91 octane while there. I have a C&L Racer intake with DiabloSport tuner.

As stated, find out what the locals are using and what shops support late model Mustangs. Nothing worse than paying for things and finding out you're on your own. You don't want to do anything that can't be supported or undone.
Well said! You can never ask enough questions, NEVER. This is the best place you will find, and you have the right people to give you guidance(well, most of them anyway).

And i didn't realize until now.................Welcome chica! Us girls come few and far between.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I actually happened to be home last weekend and saw the thread on Density Altitude. I did a quick shot for the house (at 8600 feet) and the DA was 19,672 feet. So we are indeed at a disadvantage, although it's the same for everybody on the field.

As far as local shops, I do all my own work so I can't help much in that regard. I'll be doing a stroker and more boost in the next couple of months if you want to watch.

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
Well first off you need to find the petal, once you do hammer down lol See that helps keep up with my ass when your following lol. Miss those good old mustang hunting days. But good to see you came to the forum.

Anything you need to know....this is the place. compared to most mustang forums this one isnt cluttered with crap. So enjoy slow poke :)

Last edited:

KKstang

Reaction score
CO

Last time i checked i did find the petal, and you didn't mind the view from behind! Yes this seems to be the right area for me for now. Thanks for the heads up on the web site. I am also looking at the cold air intakes.

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
Last time i checked i did find the petal, and you didn't mind the view from behind! Yes this seems to be the right area for me for now. Thanks for the heads up on the web site. I am also looking at the cold air intakes.

I only let you lead cause I DID love the view from behind....simply perfection. Anywho, if ya got any questions ya know how to find me these days.

KKstang

Reaction score
Hey you be quite, bout the whole finding the peddle thing, You try driving in heels half the time. If you ever get the chance hit me up on the y, i want ya to let me know what you think bout some rims im lookin at.. They are similar to whats on the jeep.

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
Forsure, Ill hit ya up tomorrow evening. Consider it a date...and you wont ever catch me driving in heels :) keep dreaming.

KKstang

Reaction score
Not sure if this is going to sound dumb or not, but as of current i am doing the research on cold air intake, tuner and exhaust. Is this the right start?

KKstang

Reaction score
Thanks, I am attempting to learn, and Have learned a lot in this forum already!! Im thinking this may become an expensive hobby

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
Yes prob cheaper. But see every part I bought went with the rest. So it all went together or it would have looked like an unfinished car and I cant have my car look like that when I was about to drive across the US LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back