New JDM Engineering low budget longblock

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats right guys we are going to offer a low cost assembled longblock shortly and I want to get your input on it. There are several ways this can be offered, so I wanted to see what you have to say. I'm going to finalize the prices before the weekend but here is what I was thinking.

Ford Racing Aluminator 4.6 Supercharged Shortblock (8.5 comp 281 cu in) assembled to Ford Racing CNC ported heads. This would be done using Ford head gaskets and head bolts. The shortblock comes with cobra crank, forged rods, pistons and even a new 3v oil pump. The cylinder heads are CNC ported and come with new stock valve train components. We will add our own custom grind Comp cams with phaser limiters, springs, and retainers. Plus the engine will be timed and assembled. We will also offer the Long blocks with stock cams using the stock springs, retainers, and no limiters. Also new cam phasers, timing chains, and timing components will be installed and set properly by JDM Engineering. Now we can offer these with new pick up tube and covers/pan if needed.

We will even offer these with out timing components or phaser assmeblys if you for have an engine that is still in good running condition with lower mileage to re use your timing components, I like going new but hey you could save more money too!

I could have this together in less than two weeks shipping motors! We are looking between 6-8,000 for a fully built long block forged, with head, cams, timed, and professionally assembled : )give me some feed back guys!! Sound good??JimIII @ JDM

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
at 6k sounds great... 7K installed sounds even better.... :evil: @ 8k sounds ok

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
at 6k sounds great... 7K installed sounds even better.... :evil: @ 8k sounds ok

+1. How would a centrifugal s/c respond to to the low compression? I know you could throw alot more boost at it but would it be a noticable difference over stock cr?

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
In the hopefully near future I would be extremely interested in this!

usafimj

Reaction score
Instead of FRPP heads maybe a set of JDM cnc ported heads with upgraded valvetrain. I like the idea of an upgraded oil pump with billet gears. If the customer doesn't want FRPP heads or the custom cams you offer maybe they can ship you the heads/cams that they would like and get that installed. Just throwing ideas out there

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back