New K-Member with stock motor mount

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
mmkmember_1.jpg

Nothing too impressive but I was always curiouse about saving weight on the front of the car without the extra NVH that comes with the solid mounts.

I had tubular k-member on my 09 gt and it was great but it kind of bothered me the vibration at the stop lights. It was just light vibration but compared to stock motor mounts was annoying, then more noticeable at 2,500 to 3,000 rpm.

This piece looks good and for those that want to keep the vibration down seams like a good choice. I would buy on it if it has an option for solid mounts too, that way on track days I just need to do a quick swap.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/new-products/maximum-motorsports-k-member-for-2005-2014-mustangs/

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Check it out, full info. And few more things to come.

Never mind guys, those thing won't save weight. Here is the info from their website.

Yes, it is heavier than a stock k-member; 42.54 lb vs. 40.52 lb. We tried, but upon meeting our design goals, this is where it is. Handling is improved. Stability and predictability are improved; the front end feels much more… Planted is the best word for it. There is less front-end drama when cornering. Maintenance and header installation is greatly improved. Someday an easy SLA upgrade will be possible.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-K-member-Mustang-2005-2014-P1476.aspx

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of cash to spend on a K-Member for no improvement in a straight line.

Very nice piece though, I really like it.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to offer ours with OEM Mounts. We could, but at $500+....we have to provide the customer with as many "pros" as possible. One of them being, less drivetrain (engine/trans) rotation, which aides in keep the trans alive longer, and better shifts.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
I would love to be able to put OE engine mounts in my BMR k member. I have a T56 magnum so engine/trans rotation is no big deal. The extra noise and vibration from the urethane mounts.... That is becoming annoying.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of cash to spend on a K-Member for no improvement in a straight line.

Very nice piece though, I really like it.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to offer ours with OEM Mounts. We could, but at $500+....we have to provide the customer with as many "pros" as possible. One of them being, less drivetrain (engine/trans) rotation, which aides in keep the trans alive longer, and better shifts.

That is why I was thinking of the options to swap engine mounts but when I saw the price and the weight I was disappointed. I love the BMR K-member and I am planing of getting one for the 5.0.

Is it a possibility of getting something costume made from you guys? Even if it cost extra?
I daily drove the 09 with BMR k-member and it was good but inevitable to avoid the NVH feel, so it would be great to have one costume made to provide engine mount swap for street use and track use.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back