New PB 2014 GT w/ VMP TVS

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
More new PB's lol..

Results from today at a local true street race (same rules as NMRA). I'll have to look up the da for the fastest pass I made (first slip posted) but I know it was 2150 on my best 60' pass (second slip posted).

85mm pulley, 93 octane, and Circle D 258mm 2C..

EDIT.. Per Dragtimes.com the da around the time of my first and fastest pass was 1745.

Fastest pass..

Best 60'..

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Great hit man. Looks like the converter is worth a couple tenths in ET.

Thank ya sir! Even though some will disagree I think the converter has helped alot without adding any power. I'd say it has improved the average 60' by a rough average of .15 which his improved my et on 93 octane 2-3 tenths.

badnews

Reaction score
Thank ya sir! Even though some will disagree I think the converter has helped alot without adding any power. I'd say it has improved the average 60' by a rough average of .15 which his improved my et on 93 octane 2-3 tenths.

Every car is different. The best 60ft I had was a 1.61 on pump fuel, 79 mm pulley though. Gen 1 blower. The smaller pulley could help 60 ft, since it ramps the blower into boost faster(this was per my tuner). I thought a converter could help too, just never got around to it.

I think you are in the sweet spot for set up. It will live at that power level forever. I would look at the BAP as a safety net for your set up. JMO.

I have 2015 now, undecided if I'm going blower again or turbo. ;)

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Every car is different. The best 60ft I had was a 1.61 on pump fuel, 79 mm pulley though. Gen 1 blower. The smaller pulley could help 60 ft, since it ramps the blower into boost faster(this was per my tuner). I thought a converter could help too, just never got around to it.

I think you are in the sweet spot for set up. It will live at that power level forever. I would look at the BAP as a safety net for your set up. JMO.

I have 2015 now, undecided if I'm going blower again or turbo. ;)

Yeah I knew a smaller pulley would help as well but i just wanted to improve the 60' without adding a bunch of power lol.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
What power level are you at now?

My car made 567hp and around 500tq on the original dyno tune on a mustang dyno running 28" drag radials. I've had some revisions for shift points and the converter along with some added timing down low but not sure if the hp has increased at all.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
New best today! I've been waiting for the good da and finally got some today, I couldn't get my phone to load at the track but I was told it was in the +500-600 range but I'll have to look it up to verify.

I added some MS109 and a updated tune for the fuel, I had hoped to borrow some skinnies but that didn't work out so I ran my 17x7's up front.

New best 60' on left, best ET on right

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Fastest I've gone on the stock motor is 128. You are tempting me to get greedy lol

Trying for 130+ on 91 might be risky though. :p

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Fastest I've gone on the stock motor is 128. You are tempting me to get greedy lol

Trying for 130+ on 91 might be risky though. :p

Get some race fuel and you'll be fine. When I left the track yesterday I was pretty happy and thought that would be my last trip to the track this year but I have to admit I've been doing alot of thinking today lol. I don't really want to have to wait til spring for a good chance of getting that single digit slip.

badnews

Reaction score
New best today! I've been waiting for the good da and finally got some today, I couldn't get my phone to load at the track but I was told it was in the +500-600 range but I'll have to look it up to verify.

I added some MS109 and a updated tune for the fuel, I had hoped to borrow some skinnies but that didn't work out so I ran my 17x7's up front.

That's flying! Congrats!

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score

Impressive man!

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Sweet. I've never trailered my car to,the track, it's a great feeling.
X2, We agree on something! I respect any car that runs quickly at the track, but it's twice as cool when it's commuting to-and-from the track under it's own power.

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I love going to the track and being faster than some of the gutted race cars lol. Hopefully I can report back with a 9 second slip in the spring.

Back