New PB in bolt on 5.0

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Took the car to the local 1/8 yesterday to see how the newest renovations they did turned out. Ended up getting a personal best ET and trap all in the same day. I ran at SCT Indy and wasn't too happy with how it ran, but yesterday I was ecstatic when I saw the first pass being a new PB.

Here's the slip:
Personal Best by Treyson M, on Flickr

This was in 2800 DA.

Left lane is me. Right is a buddies car with longtubes, O/R X, Corsa and Lund tune on stock tires.

My car has your basic mods. X pipe, Boss, Lund tune. BMR LCA's, reloc. brackets, springs. Hoosier QTP's on the rear. I believe my shocks are in need of replacement, as I was having a few issues on the launch. It would spin on some runs, and on the others it would wheel hop. It's never wheel hopped before since I've had the LCA's on. In Indy it was as smooth as butter on the launch.

Overall, I am pleased with the time I had, especially the trap. That is my best ET to date (2nd time ever even at a track), and I trapped a best of 95.

Don't mind the sig, it'll have those mods on soon. Waiting for a spot to open in the shop for it to get finished.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Took the car to the local 1/8 yesterday to see how the newest renovations they did turned out. Ended up getting a personal best ET and trap all in the same day. I ran at SCT Indy and wasn't too happy with how it ran, but yesterday I was ecstatic when I saw the first pass being a new PB.

Here's the slip:
Personal Best by Treyson M, on Flickr

This was in 2800 DA.

Left lane is me. Right is a buddies car with longtubes, O/R X, Corsa and Lund tune on stock tires.

My car has your basic mods. X pipe, Boss, Lund tune. BMR LCA's, reloc. brackets, springs. Hoosier QTP's on the rear. I believe my shocks are in need of replacement, as I was having a few issues on the launch. It would spin on some runs, and on the others it would wheel hop. It's never wheel hopped before since I've had the LCA's on. In Indy it was as smooth as butter on the launch.

Overall, I am pleased with the time I had, especially the trap. That is my best ET to date (2nd time ever even at a track), and I trapped a best of 95.

Don't mind the sig, it'll have those mods on soon. Waiting for a spot to open in the shop for it to get finished.

I would read this thread: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127687

To eliminate the wheel hop you need to replace the UCA and bracket. Get adjustable for both so you can correctly set the pinion angle with a single piece driveshaft and correct the suspension geometry. Shocks will help but that would be something to do after the UCA.

As you have experienced, replacing the LCA's/brackets alone aren't the solution to wheelhop.

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Damn, I'd say she's runnin pretty strong!

I would read this thread: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127687

To eliminate the wheel hop you need to replace the UCA and bracket. Get adjustable for both so you can correctly set the pinion angle with a single piece driveshaft and correct the suspension geometry. Shocks will help but that would be something to do after the UCA.

As you have experienced, replacing the LCA's/brackets alone aren't the solution to wheelhop.

See, I always heard the UCA as well, but it just seems odd that it has only wheel hopped at that track since I've had the LCA's/brackets on... Never hopped on the street with summer tires, DR's, and even the QTP's now. It was just odd that it started happening at this track, but it didn't at Indy.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

See, I always heard the UCA as well, but it just seems odd that it has only wheel hopped at that track since I've had the LCA's/brackets on... Never hopped on the street with summer tires, DR's, and even the QTP's now. It was just odd that it started happening at this track, but it didn't at Indy.

It will continue until the UCA stuff is replaced. Wheel hop will destroy the rear. The sooner you get it corrected the better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back