New PB

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Ran a 12.978 pass this past Sunday and that was with a 2800+ DA as well.

I think the drag racing gods must have had a tail wind on me because even though I had a worse 60ft than the best all day - car charged like a champion and reeled in a 12.978 @ 104.77.

Hopefully with better air that will continue to drop. Unfortunately for the event we had to dial our fastest qualifying pass which for me was a 13.02. I ran it out the back but then again the event was supposed to be just street tires , no electronics / transbrakes , no trailered cars , no slicks - and they didn't enforce those rules.

But can't complain about a losing run on a PB.

new%20pb_zpsve11cpfz.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hey! I thought I just saw this somewhere else! LOL! Nice job. Were you there Friday night for TT? The Ambient air temp dropped 15 degrees at 9 oclock and really made for some of the best air we had seen in the area on a Friday night for at least 5 weeks. Had to be down around 2200 or a little lower. I'll bet you would have gone 12.79 Friday night.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Cant go on Friday's as my kids play football and one of them starts varsity and is a senior.

Hope to catch some better air at Kilkare or weekends as well.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
PB is always fun. Having to dial in that way doesn't make sense, seeing as you will lose every time you improve.

What was in the other lane? 11.72 but only 108mph.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
It was a Chevy II or a Nova I think , tubbed , caged , on slicks , 1 seat , aluminum interior , pretty sure he was running all motor as I saw bottle brackets but no bottle.

He lifted at the 1000ft mark or so I think , probably so he didn't break out either.

I have an aversion to pedaling it at the end it seems.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
It was a Chevy II or a Nova I think , tubbed , caged , on slicks , 1 seat , aluminum interior , pretty sure he was running all motor as I saw bottle brackets but no bottle.

He lifted at the 1000ft mark or so I think , probably so he didn't break out either.

I have an aversion to pedaling it at the end it seems.

I tried lifting to make the 12.00 index avg in NMRA true street in Hebron back in June on the last pass to try to avg 2 11.4x passes to 12.000. Had to run a 13.1 to hit the average dead nuts. Ran a 14.1 and it killed me to lift. Needless to say I did not anticipate it correctly. You're right, it just doesn't feel natural.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back