new pb @ MIR 22NOV14, N/A 3V doing work

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
22NOV14 rental @ MIR

9aug2_zps7ebdc2a7.jpg

2005 mustang gt
21,xxx miles, K&N CAI, steeda udp's, frpp shorty headers, stock h-pipe and cats, frpp GTA mufflers, 5spd manual (stock trans/clutch/shifter)

93 street tune - Woodbine Motorsports
302 rwhp / 317 rwtq

strange single adjustable front struts, gt500 strut mounts, cobra jet front springs (m-5300-q), front sway bar and bracket removed, UPR radiator support, stock 2pc drive shaft, front/rear drive shaft safety loops

metco UCA/UCA mount/LCA's, pinion angle set to -2 deg, strange single adjustable rear shocks, cobra jet rear springs (m-5300-q), frpp bump stop kit, comp engineering adjustable panhard bar, comp engineering pandhard bar brace, BMR relocation brackets, frpp 4.10 gears, LPW diff cover, eaton truetrac diff, removed passenger seat and rear seat back/bottom, short accessory belt bypassing power steering pump, insulating wrap on cold air intake tube

15x4 Weld RTS with M/T ET fronts
15x8 Weld RTS with M/T ET street bias ply rears

3490 lbs race weight with driver, helmet, 1/4 tank of gas, gutted trunk, pass seat and rear seat back/bottom removed (3265 lbs w/o driver and helmet)

12.095 @ 111.08, 1.576 60'

DA was -1895 ft per drag times da calculator for the first run, and it warmed up for subsequent runs.

22nov14_test_and_tune_MIR_zps5c832642.jpg

I'm stoked about the 60' times, and I think there's a tiny bit more in it. I'm confident I'll hit 11's next year, I've got all winter to plan my attack.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I hate you and your negative da soooo much. Lol

Great times and awesome 60' man! Any mods planned after you get in the 11's?

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I hate you and your negative da soooo much. Lol

Great times and awesome 60' man! Any mods planned after you get in the 11's?

I know right? The DA here is unreal!

I like being this close with a stock long block TB to oil pan, and cats in place. I suspect I'll leave the engine as-is and see where I can shave a bit more weight and maybe have a race tune done, and then just have fun with it. It's nice to drive to the track, adjust tire pressure, run the piss out of it and then drive home.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you located man! Congrats... I make a lot more power n/a and I've only got 12.2 at 112 out of mine with a 1.6 short time crazy numbers for your setup lol

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
i just ran mine today and our time slips are about exactly the same. except I'm using 100 shot of nitrous Fml
you'll get it dialed in

Where are you located man! Congrats... I make a lot more power n/a and I've only got 12.2 at 112 out of mine with a 1.6 short time crazy numbers for your setup lol
it was at Maryland International Raceway - home of mineshaft air and great hook. We're spoiled out this way :)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You bastard, man i want to go to the track right now.
STOP IT, put the car away you're done.

Last edited:

torchred

forum member
Reaction score

Well if it makes you feel any better I have your exact setup and same tuner and im still working on 12s lol. I still have stock tires tho

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel any better I have your exact setup and same tuner and im still working on 12s lol. I still have stock tires tho

my setup info is here; post up a thread in the drag forum and folks will chime in to help you knock your times down (disclaimer - if your track is at high altitude there might not be any help for you)

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
good job. I love seing results from your and fdjizms cars

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Make the battle royale with Fdjizm happen!
interesting, I plugged fdjizm's best run with my best run into the time slip simulator link Now I don't really try at all for r/t during test & tune so whatever is on my slip is usually a fluke if it's good. Plugging in our numbers as-is on the slip the simulator (heads up) says I come out with the win by 8 feet. Zeroing out the reaction times and going heads up fdjizm gets the win by 17 feet (at least as far as the simulator app is concerned :clap:

good job. I love seing results from your and fdjizms cars
thanks man - I enjoy the hell out of your updates too, you've got that car moving out!

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It would be a fun race you'd definitely get me off the jump with those stupid 60's.

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
my setup info is here; post up a thread in the drag forum and folks will chime in to help you knock your times down (disclaimer - if your track is at high altitude there might not be any help for you)

I run at same track as 09gt3v, saint louis, I think altitude is like 800 feet, and I believe track is closed for year, but ill give it a shot next year and maybe take some hints from your suspension setup over the winter. Thanks

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
what size rear tire man?
m/t et street p/n 3752... 26x10.5-15 (26.1" diameter), 4.10 gears

Awesome times man!
thanks!

I run at same track as 09gt3v, saint louis, I think altitude is like 800 feet, and I believe track is closed for year, but ill give it a shot next year and maybe take some hints from your suspension setup over the winter. Thanks
cool, have fun wrenching this winter!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back