Fuggit.
Reaction score
Beat it again last night. 12.298 @ 115, 1.89 60'

1229.jpg

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running the FRPP LCA's, and the shocks and struts are still stock. I don't ever slip the clutch. I've never tried it. Think that will help?

Somehow I missed your reply until your most recent update. Slipping the clutch lets you get off the line in the powerband without blazing the tires. In the picture you posted on the first page, it looks like your car is on Nitto Drag Radials. Is that incorrect?

Beat it again last night. 12.298 @ 115, 1.89 60'

Nice pass for sure. If you get that 60-foot down to a 1.74 or better, it'll be an 11-second pass. That's totally doable.

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Somehow I missed your reply until your most recent update. Slipping the clutch lets you get off the line in the powerband without blazing the tires. In the picture you posted on the first page, it looks like your car is on Nitto Drag Radials. Is that incorrect?

Nice pass for sure. If you get that 60-foot down to a 1.74 or better, it'll be an 11-second pass. That's totally doable.

That's right, they are the NT555R's. 305/35R18, not a whole lot of sidewall.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's right, they are the NT555R's. 305/35R18, not a whole lot of sidewall.

Okay, well, there's certainly 11-second potential on those tires, but it would take a lot of finesse on the launch.

A few suspension upgrades (adjustable shocks, control arms, swaybar relocation, and so on) and a truly sticky tire on 15" rims and you'll be WAY into the 11s.

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Okay, well, there's certainly 11-second potential on those tires, but it would take a lot of finesse on the launch.

A few suspension upgrades (adjustable shocks, control arms, swaybar relocation, and so on) and a truly sticky tire on 15" rims and you'll be WAY into the 11s.

Ok, noob question here, but can the adjustable shocks be utilized on a road course or are they better strictly for drag?

I already have the FRPP LCA's (not all that impressed to be honest). Also, the 15x10's are on the to do list.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, noob question here, but can the adjustable shocks be utilized on a road course or are they better strictly for drag?

I already have the FRPP LCA's (not all that impressed to be honest). Also, the 15x10's are on the to do list.

Your question is just a little bit ahead of my own testing... :)

Since we were talking about drag racing, I was originally suggesting Strange or QA1 shocks which are not ideal for road course use. However, I just installed a set of Koni Yellows on my car, and I noticed that they still transfer weight pretty well (with the rest of my UPR Products suspension) when they are set to soft. I'm planning to drag race my car asap to see how the UPR S197 Handling Package works on the drag strip with the dampeners on soft. Full report soon.

And yes, the FRPP LCAs are not much of an upgrade over stock. Our Pro Street LCAs work really well though.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-solid-lower-control-arms-urethane-bushing-05.html

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back