new project car

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so after deciding that i want to maintain my 06 gt as a DD and pick up a different car to really muck with i searched from something a bit unique. i had a 97 4.6 previously to my 06 gt.

planning on making this a sleeper granny car with a bout 500hp

my not so little 93 tbird supercoupe lol, it aint too ugly but she aint pretty. needs engine work, supposedly the trans is good.

Attachments

• 11150264_10153254948046779_7925648444078940419_n.jpg
    11150264_10153254948046779_7925648444078940419_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 11169828_10153254946801779_946097589124202605_n.jpg
    11169828_10153254946801779_946097589124202605_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 57

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
planning on building the 3.8 maybe doin a 4.2 i dont know yet. magnum powers blower, possibly a fmic. it's deffinitely gonna be a money pit. i have to see if the motor is actually salvageable. i pulled the plugs and they were fucked. i'll post up some pics tomorrow.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
working on getting the pictures up, been tinkering with it for about 4 hours pulling shit off of it. need to buy a intercooler spanner wrench for the puipes, i had one and sold it, but i need that to pull the blower and eventually get down to the heads.

i drained the oil and for the first 1/4 cup it was nothing but water, strangley though the radiator hoses and cross over don't have oily residue. definitely might need a new radiator lots of orange where it got too hot and over flowed.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i got down to the manifold got the blower off ect. it's looking like way more than a head gasket issue. i had a ton of motor oil in the intake plenum, blower, under the blower itself and you can see where the seals on the blower hat was leaking the motor oil which ran down the sides and ontop of the intake manifold.

the big kicker is that the main bearings are no longer being produced. i have sourced a few sets. but sucks being that i can't just slap the standard 3.8 mains as the block is physically different. a lot of the ones i have found require the crank to be cut which i'm trying to aboid that machinjng cost/nightmare as if they fuck it up its not gonna be fun trackig down the forged crank.

so far though all the intake parts appear to be in good shape. the blower doesnt have any play and the rotors are nice and clean. throttle body has never been cleaned i can tell that just buy how much shit is built up on the back of the butterfly.

the wire loom plastic sheeths are brittle and falling apart but the wires inside are nice so i'm planning on re wrapping everything and will try to tuck a lot of wires out of eye sight. theres so much going on in this engine bay it's ridiculous and to think we bitch about the s197 wires bahaha. i'm curious to see what i can and cannot move.

i'm really looking forward to getting this built up and clowning some mustangs and camaros i know this car is gonna cause some butt hurt especially once its built up and i convert it to e85 lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 22

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so unfortunately this project is dead. its getting parted out. too many parts are too hard to get or way too expensive and i dont want to sink that kinda money into this car as its a garuntee no return if i sell it. i would have kept it if it was a simple headgasket like i was tood but it's not needs a full rebuild and it aint worth it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Single turbo 4.6 2V swap? Since they came in the car it'd be an easy swap.

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i thought about doing an engine swap, but it doesnt seem right. wanted to keep the original style drivetrain for that extra cool factor of smoking v8's lol. if i did a 3v swap that would be a royal pain in the ass, especially to get everything else to work i would have to get a control pack and repin everything. it just boiled down that i decided it's more work then i honestly want to do on this specific car. the suspension alone is going to cost over 2k just to overhaul and thats just the stock stuff, i'm not sure even if the eletronic ride controllers still work which are head to come by and wouldn't build the car without it.

i got a buddy thats gonna take it on.

i'm gonna look for another project car, something with more parts readily available, probably a classic mustang, definitely decided i want something i don't have to worry about smog checking.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long! LOL I was looking forward to the build. I love those old T-Bird SCs.

Good thing to scrap the project before you dump any more $$$ into it. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long! LOL I was looking forward to the build. I love those old T-Bird SCs.

Good thing to scrap the project before you dump any more $$$ into it. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

i love them too, i'ts such an interesting car for its day especially with the ride control, vmm, the seats ect. i would like to do another but main bearings coming hard to find ect, it's just a dieing engine that eventually will become unable to be rebuilt unless i get custom bearings.

plus i had told the wife it was only 50$ for a head gasket kit and that should get it running based upon the info i was told, but if it wasn't i would sell and get a different project car that we could atleast use as a backup vehicle.

i am really bummed to not be able to restore it but such is life.

Well that's shitty Vince, what's the status on the Mustang? Does the dealer still have it?

supossedly will be done this afternoon....1300$ later. sounds like a bad bec.

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
Was looking forward to this project.. My wife had a 92 T-Bird SC, white w/ titanium color interior. I loved beating up on Fox 5.0 with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
little uodate my buddy who took on this project was workig on it, it was turning over freely, well i guess the notor has since seized up and was a rust bucket internally cylinders are gnarly needs a full rebuild. so happy i pawned this nightmare off lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back