New Spider Drive Shaft.

travelers

Reaction score
I ordered a new Spider D/S on sunday nite and received it on wed. Just installed it this afternoon. Really nice d/s all the parts needed to replace it. good instructions. Quality item. No vibration. :rock:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Definitely a "best buy, must have" item! 2 thumbs up to it! BTW ron, it was my wheels. Shaft is silky smooth! Now I have to do that write up for it. :rock:

spyder7724

Reaction score
Definitely a "best buy, must have" item! 2 thumbs up to it! BTW ron, it was my wheels. Shaft is silky smooth! Now I have to do that write up for it. :rock:
what are you going to do about the wheels? i'm sure they weren't cheap.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
what are you going to do about the wheels? i'm sure they weren't cheap.
No idea...i'm completely pissed about the whole situation. To make matters worse, the first 1/8th inch on the edge is losing its clear coat from belle tire mounting the tires. Basically I pissed away $1600 and probably can't even sell them. I'm going to sell the axis if I can find someone that wants to buy them. I've been trying to contact axis about the clear coat to see if they have had any issues....can't get ahold of them to save my ass. Figure i'll ask $1100 obo...I'd like to get a grand for them, even then i'm losing $600 and they only have 300 miles on them.:beat:

spyder7724

Reaction score
No idea...i'm completely pissed about the whole situation. To make matters worse, the first 1/8th inch on the edge is losing its clear coat from belle tire mounting the tires. Basically I pissed away $1600 and probably can't even sell them. I'm going to sell the axis if I can find someone that wants to buy them. I've been trying to contact axis about the clear coat to see if they have had any issues....can't get ahold of them to save my ass. Figure i'll ask $1100 obo...I'd like to get a grand for them, even then i'm losing $600 and they only have 300 miles on them.:beat:
kim you might want to call the folks at weldcraft wheels. they should be able to fix them. heck they can narrow and widen wheels they should be able to make them straight. i'll post a link for you

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spyder,

I just sent ya a PM asking about your d/s.

Need one for a 06 with an automatic, plus I need a driveshaft loop.

Thx,

Mike

spyder7724

Reaction score
Thanks man, i'll see how much it will cost to get the clearcoat redone, then sell them. I have 20" chrome saleens coming next week. I sent a couple more people your way for d/s from another site.:beerdrink:
thanks kim and mike i just sent you a PM about the shafts. they are in stock and ready to ship :) sorry no loops but i'm sure dynojoe or someone else has one they can get for you. the driveshafts will work will BMR CHE and metco for sure.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine! Got a new Steeda CAI a few days ago as well, and I am going to take all this stuff up to HPP and let them have at it again!

I'm going to have HPP do me two new tunes with the new CAI. One for pump gas, and maybe one for Sunoco 260 GT 100 Octane (AKI) race fuel as well!:beerdrink: If I can get the shit here in town. Otherwise, it will be a 2nd tune for a tank of panther piss.

I have the 3.8" pulley on that I got from cheftjpeck and I think that will do it. I should be in the 400RWHP club with some to spare afterwards!:clap:

Yeah, I know Hawg is gonna call me a pussy for not going with the 3.6 pulley!:roflmao:

Mike

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine! Got a new Steeda CAI a few days ago as well, and I am going to take all this stuff up to HPP and let them have at it again!

I'm going to have HPP do me two new tunes with the new CAI. One for pump gas, and maybe one for Sunoco 260 GT 100 Octane (AKI) race fuel as well!:beerdrink: If I can get the shit here in town. Otherwise, it will be a 2nd tune for a tank of panther piss.

I have the 3.8" pulley on that I got from cheftjpeck and I think that will do it. I should be in the 400RWHP club with some to spare afterwards!:clap:

Yeah, I know Hawg is gonna call me a pussy for not going with the 3.6 pulley!:roflmao:

Mike
good deal Mike! love my spider shaft and the CHE loop works great!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you have to do any drilling or is the CHE a bolt in using existing holes? I want to put one in but not drilling holes if possabable.
Drilling required with the CHE kit - from having spent quite a bit of time in the trans tunnel this past month, I'd say you aren't going to avoid it with any loop that actually puts the loop in the right place...

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you have to do any drilling or is the CHE a bolt in using existing holes? I want to put one in but not drilling holes if possabable.

I had my local shop do the D/S install and loop...He told me he had to tweak the loop to make it work...He didnt really say what he had to do...I trust this guy in that I didnt feel I needed to ask any further questions on the loop install...Im not sure bud but It shouldnt need much to make it right.
But to answer your question..it does use existing bolts no drilling required so CHE says :)

spyder7724

Reaction score
I had my local shop do the D/S install and loop...He told me he had to tweak the loop to make it work...He didnt really say what he had to do...I trust this guy in that I didnt feel I needed to ask any further questions on the loop install...Im not sure bud but It shouldnt need much to make it right.
But to answer your question..it does use existing bolts no drilling required so CHE says :)
i was looking at BMR's design and just wonder if that is legal?? i think NHRA says it has to be bolted with no less than 4 bolts to the floor or frame. it looks like theirs only has 2 bolts right? i'll look at the rule book again later and see what it says again. but i think if i use that one i'll still drill a couple extra holes for some grade8 bolts.

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
Drilling required with the CHE kit - from having spent quite a bit of time in the trans tunnel this past month, I'd say you aren't going to avoid it with any loop that actually puts the loop in the right place...
Even with drilling the holes, the CHE loop install was smooth and easy. The loop is perfectly placed and if installed per the directions the holes are completely hidden.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back