New stance on FRPP K springs

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
After receiving the wrong springs at first and sending them back for the right ones, I was finally able to install them over the weekend and man what difference. Looks a million times better and handles great, I really love these springs. And I was able to re-use my strut mounts with no issues which was also a plus.

Pic of the new spring installed after I cleaned up and re-painted the stock strut.
ynWzJ0yl.jpg

And a pic of the finished product, sits absolutely perfect IMO.
DgaFqNcl.jpg

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, how's the ride?

Rides really nice. Pitch and roll were really decreased, and it tightened up the handling a lot without being overly stiff. I had FRPP springs on my 98 cobra I used to have and that's what made me choose the same brand for this car. Perfect balance of daily drive-ability, looks and tight handling IMO.

Only negative is that I'm getting a pretty noticeable squeak from the rear suspension now so I have to try and track that down cause it really bugs me.

RedCandyApple2008

Reaction score
Rides really nice. Pitch and roll were really decreased, and it tightened up the handling a lot without being overly stiff. I had FRPP springs on my 98 cobra I used to have and that's what made me choose the same brand for this car. Perfect balance of daily drive-ability, looks and tight handling IMO.

Only negative is that I'm getting a pretty noticeable squeak from the rear suspension now so I have to try and track that down cause it really bugs me.

I currently have that squeak and rattling in my rear driver side suspension, you should really let me know what it might be if you find out what it is pls. I heard rear upper and lower control arms fix this issue but not sure...I hope so, My stang suspension all stock still.

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
I currently have that squeak and rattling in my rear driver side suspension, you should really let me know what it might be if you find out what it is pls. I heard rear upper and lower control arms fix this issue but not sure...I hope so, My stang suspension all stock still.

I'm pretty sure its the control arm bushings making all the noise, and lowering makes that even worse. Its horrible at low speeds. Control arms will be the next thing I throw on it.

rogcat1

Reaction score
Also have FRPP springs and struts on my 2007. Installed them about two years ago. They have settled probably about another 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• DSCF1572.jpg
    DSCF1572.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 26

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
Also have FRPP springs and struts on my 2007. Installed them about two years ago. They have settled probably about another 1/2 inch.

That looks really good. I won't mind a bit extra drop if mine do end up settling more than they are now. Although I think the drop now with my 20" wheels is absolutely perfect.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm on K springs with 20" wheels as well. I wish it was a tad lower honestly.
cc6f741be703904fda3a5832d447355e.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'm on K springs with 20" wheels as well. I wish it was a tad lower honestly.

Just do like Darren did with his RR GT and cut a coil out of the springs!

(I really can't say anything, since I have actually done that before myself) :crazy:

Seriously though, car looks good, Chris!:highfive:

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Chip. I have considered that honestly. I'll probably just buy different springs before I cut these.

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Chip. I have considered that honestly. I'll probably just buy different springs before I cut these.

That's what I would do if you wanted to go lower. Then you can sell the k springs on here, I'm sure they would go pretty quickly. I think your car looks great though!

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
That's what I would do if you wanted to go lower. Then you can sell the k springs on here, I'm sure they would go pretty quickly. I think your car looks great though!
Thanks man. I really would like the rear to be a bit lower but I will most likely keep these springs. They look nice and I don't scrape on everything.

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good. I also have the same springs on my car.

Attachments

• IMG_20140621_133603_608.jpg
    IMG_20140621_133603_608.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 15
Back