New starter keeps shorting Fuse #19 (starter fuse) on 2011 GT

kona_302R

Reaction score
So I underwent a hellish header swap and I had to buy a ultra compact starter to fit. I bought a Powermaster XS and installed it, however I had to disassemble and then reassemble it for the record. Anyways I connected the IGN and BAT cables and now when I turn the key it blows the starter fuse in the engine bay fuse box. What gives? Do I have a faulty starter or is it a ground issue? I checked all grounds I had to disconnect and they're all connected. So I'm pretty lost right now.

I will try to respond to every comment or atleast view it

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Are you 150% sure you put the starter back together properly? Sounds like an internal short possibly due to taking it apart. I say this because I have used there products for many years with nothing but positive results.

kona_302R

Reaction score
Are you 150% sure you put the starter back together properly? Sounds like an internal short possibly due to taking it apart. I say this because I have used there products for many years with nothing but positive results.
I think it was an external short. Some wires were touching things they weren't supposed to. Moved em and now it fires right up no problem, just hope it stays that way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back