Night Shots Are Tough

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
What's a good camera for a starter in phoography. I want to get into photography.

I'm no real photographer but I bought a Canon Rebel DSLR.

It takes some awesome shots on the pre-set settings and also lets you change a bunch of variables when you become more confident. I'd recommend it if you want a great, fairly priced camera.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I'm no real photographer but I bought a Canon Rebel DSLR.

It takes some awesome shots on the pre-set settings and also lets you change a bunch of variables when you become more confident. I'd recommend it if you want a great, fairly priced camera.

what model rebel did you get? im really thinking about getting one now as i love night shots.

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
what model rebel did you get? im really thinking about getting one now as i love night shots.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...X&ei=Vp2DTb_zDo_EgAfyuoXMCA&ved=0CJ8CEPMCMAk#

Got it for $399 on sale at Frys Electronics.
If you're gonna do night shots though you'll probably want a tripod. Plus I'm pretty sure you can get a remote for it so you don't move it pressing the button to take the photo.

This is the first photo I took the day I got it, it takes super clear pics:
I__m_A_Pepper____by_1andonlywhitie.jpg

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score

JDM74

forum member
Reaction score
Here's one of my car and my wife's that she took with out Canon Digital Rebel XT. They were taken with one of the auto settings, not sure which one. She is the photographer, not me, lol.

frontview2011big.jpg

Jackiescarfront.jpg

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Here's one of my car and my wife's that she took with out Canon Digital Rebel XT. They were taken with one of the auto settings, not sure which one. She is the photographer, not me, lol.

frontview2011big.jpg

Jackiescarfront.jpg

those are really good but at the same time alot of backlight.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
Honestly your best bet is to get some better lighting. No matter what camera you shoot with, if your lighting is shit, so will be your photos. That said you can compensate with tripods and long exposures.

What's a good camera for a starter in phoography. I want to get into photography.

Good slr is the canon rebel series

Truthfully man in my experience with point and shoot cameras you cant really change your settings like you could with a SLR! Its still hard taking night shots no mater what, honestly if your serious about photography then buy a good camera and read and learn! Im so amateur in photography but im learning!

Good pics and awesome backdrop!!!

depends on the point and shoot. If you get a higher end one such as the canon s90/95 you actually have all the slr features minus swappable lenses.

Here's some night shots i shot with my point and shoot on a tripod.

And a couple with my SLR Rebel XSi

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
These are some other shots i got with my point and shoot Nikon Coolpix P100. I think they are great and this is what makes me believe this camera is so much better than people think.

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

DSCN1354.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1348.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1341.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back