Nitro 555

jusmillz

Reaction score
Are anyone running on the nitto 555 , made a mistake and bought these on Craigslist and noticed theydidnt have an R on th

TrackWhore

forum member
Reaction score
They're fine for front tires but they're too hard for a rear tire in my opinion.

Sent from my Epic 4g cause I'm driving.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Are anyone running on the nitto 555 , made a mistake and bought these on Craigslist and noticed theydidnt have an R on th

I have them all around. Great tire. I drive in the rain quite frequently (look at my location) with no issues.

SLW_AS_FK

Reaction score
I have them all around as well and I don't like them for a rear. It's hard to get them to hook even in a 275

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I am running them on all four wheels and don't have any issues with them. great for daily driving but as others mentioned they don't hook very well for rears.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nittos are all ive run on mine and i wont switch. Never had and problems in rain with 555's....... But the 555r's is a whole different story... Those are scary in rain

jpac811

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I have 275/40 R18 555s in the rear and they dont hook too well but they have done fine for me in the rain and the ride seems fine.

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
Hook mid 1.8 60's on them in a bolt on auto, dd 45 miles a day 5 days a week, handles the insane Louisiana weather/down pour rains and seem to be lasting a while throughout all the track & dd abuse. Good tire IMO.

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
The Nitto Extreme 555's are generally ok on a DD as an everyday tire. Good wear for me..!! However, If you have any appreciable rwhp, don't count on any traction from them !! I've had the 555's.... 255/45/18 up front and 285/40/18 in the rear for quite a while now and without any problems. Also, i've tried the 305 555R`s (drag radials) in the rear for about a week and they were ok for traction when heated, but were down right scary in the heavy rain. Off they came......!!

Last edited:

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Had 555's up front and 315 555r's on my TA and Z06, and they are ok, nothing impressive about them in my opinion. I could never hook too well with them even with the R's in the rear. I think there are definitelty better tires out there. I'm really happy with my new Conti DW's. Great for DD, great grip, and they are supposed to be great in the rain too (haven't driven in rain yet to test). As an added bonus due to a special design they are lightweight!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back