Nitrous question 2011+

VitaminLee

Reaction score
I have a 2011 GT. I really want to use nitrous as my power adder. I've been reading online. Not getting the answers I want. My car has high miles. I just bought it. Mainly to daily drive it to keep miles off my jeep and maybe a trip or two a month to the track and a couple times a month I'll go to Mexico and race. I don't want forced induction of any kind because I know myself and I'll be bashing the car every day. I've had nitrous cars before and very familiar with the safety devices and all that a good kit entails. My question is can I buy a plate kit designed for the coyote with good reliability?

VitaminLee

Reaction score
I'm really not wanting to do a stand alone fuel system. I'm ok with changing injectors. Adding a boost a pump. Window switch pressure switch etc. I want it to be as safe as possible. I have a good shop near by but they talk against tuning for nitrous unless I have tons of money in supporting mods including a stand alone fuel system. I would be very happy with a 100 shot maybe a 150. I have been slowly buying suspension and drive train parts before I touch my motor. This is my first coyote car but not my first modular mustang. I've owned previous cars with nitrous and never had a stand alone fuel system. Never any problems.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
I've sprayed 175 shot while sharing the fuel system. All be it I upgraded to the gt500 fuel pumps and injectors before doing it.

VitaminLee

Reaction score
I've sprayed 175 shot while sharing the fuel system. All be it I upgraded to the gt500 fuel pumps and injectors before doing it.

My tuner isn't willing to help unless I have mainly what I listed. In that case I'll just spend some more money and buy a blower. I'd be happy with a 75-100 shot. I'm not really wanting to go over a hundred on a stock bottom with 140k on the clock.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would not worry one bit about 140k on these engines. Don't let be a factor in your decisions.

Rm

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

VitaminLee

Reaction score
I would not worry one bit about 140k on these engines. Don't let be a factor in your decisions.

Rm

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I didn't know how reliable they were. I've only had it for about two months. Wasn't sure how the 2 previous owners took care of it. Everything on it is stout. It does have that infamous tick I've been reading about online. I don't know if anyone has ever really figured out why they do that. Kinda sounds like an exhaust leak. But so far this coyote hasn't disappointed me

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't know how reliable they were. I've only had it for about two months. Wasn't sure how the 2 previous owners took care of it. Everything on it is stout. It does have that infamous tick I've been reading about online. I don't know if anyone has ever really figured out why they do that. Kinda sounds like an exhaust leak. But so far this coyote hasn't disappointed me

Put a Ford Motorcraft oil filter on and report back.

VitaminLee

Reaction score
Is that the trick? Has anyone ever pin pointed exactly what that tick is?

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will do. I have about 2500 more miles til the next oil Change. Greatly appreciate the tip.
Yea why wait? Jesus

Instagram account: "Probuildmustangs". I think anyone here would enjoy the pictures and I would love to feature your car. Send me a msg! Thank you friends!!

Rm

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
it's the "trick" in a lot of Ford models actually. I only run Motorcraft filters in all of my Fords. Makes a HUGE difference in a 6.0 diesel as well, MCraft oil/fuel filters.

VitaminLee

Reaction score
it's the "trick" in a lot of Ford models actually. I only run Motorcraft filters in all of my Fords. Makes a HUGE difference in a 6.0 diesel as well, MCraft oil/fuel filters.
That's good to know. I'm going to change my filter this weekend.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you Lee! I looked through the people who followed me and couldn't find an account that would have seemed like you. What's your account so I can follow back? (I don't follow everyone back)

Give us an update when you change that filter this evening[emoji5]

Instagram account: "Probuildmustangs"

Rm

VitaminLee

Reaction score
Thank you Lee! I looked through the people who followed me and couldn't find an account that would have seemed like you. What's your account so I can follow back? (I don't follow everyone back)

Give us an update when you change that filter this evening[emoji5]

Instagram account: "Probuildmustangs"

Rm
Project_5.0_coyote

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back