No blower belt...can I drive it home???

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
OK, I haven't lost my procharger belt but if I did could I drive it home?

I have asked a couple of tuners and I have looked on this forum. Tuners are hesitant to tell me, I guess thinking I would blame them if something went bad and I damaged something. I understand that but I still want to know. I found a couple of threads that say the benefit of the prochargers dedicated belt is that if you loose a belt you can still drive it home but it seemed more like a guess than fact. What do you know about it?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
all it would do is possibly cause restriction and cut down on some power, but since it has its own belt it should be able to drive home just fine.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys.
I actually want to take off my procharger belt and listen for any leaks or tapping or out of the ordinary noises. I am paranoid about the work that I have done and the procharger is so loud I can't tell if it is the only thing making all the noise. It would just make me feel better to hear the motor running nice and quite with out the procharger. It's just me getting a good feeling about my work and then I can move on. I know the procharger is loud and that is OK after I feel confident about the cams and the phasers not rattling. See.....PARANOID!!!!!

07 Boss

Reaction score
And always as a rule of thumb, I carry a spare belt in my trunk at all times, especially if you have a blower. I don't know how many times that little precaution has saved me but it's a lot. I mean 5-10 minutes to swap belts as opposed to the time it takes to go get the right belt and get it put on.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
And always as a rule of thumb, I carry a spare belt in my trunk at all times, especially if you have a blower. I don't know how many times that little precaution has saved me but it's a lot. I mean 5-10 minutes to swap belts as opposed to the time it takes to go get the right belt and get it put on.

this, especially since my DOB setup requires an 8 rib diesel belt trimmed down to 6 rib, impractical to have to find one locally and then trim it.

spare belt and breaker bar

Back