No gaskets???

slowgt

forum member
Reaction score
I got really excited today when my arh LT came in..........until I went thru the box, no gaskets???? for the price im really hoping gaskets r included n the price. This is my first set ever, shouldnt they come with it???

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Reuse the factory metal gaskets.
There is nothing wrong with them.
All manufacturers that I'm aware of do the same thing.
My JBA's came with some crappy gaskets which I never used.
They later stopped sending those gaskets with the headers.

slowgt

forum member
Reaction score
so its normal, they just dont supply any? thats fine I guess just wanted to find out wht the deal is. thx

slowgt

forum member
Reaction score
I know there r plenty of guys with arh LTs on this site........Did they provide gaskets for u??? thx for ur help!

Last edited:

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A Lot of people reuse the old stockers, I bought a new set of OEM gaskets when I did the ARH's.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my Kooks came with gaskets, they got thown away. I reused the stock gaskets.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
If you have the 1 5/8" primaries the stock gaskets are fine. If you have the 1 3/4" then I would highly recomend the Kooks gaskets that JDM sells for about $30.00.
This is from experience!!! The 1 3/4" primary tube laps over the "D" shape on the stock gaskets and will be prone to small exhaust leaks.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you have the 1 5/8" primaries the stock gaskets are fine. If you have the 1 3/4" then I would highly recomend the Kooks gaskets that JDM sells for about $30.00.
This is from experience!!! The 1 3/4" primary tube laps over the "D" shape on the stock gaskets and will be prone to small exhaust leaks.

no they do not replace the gaskets. you reuse the stock ones. there is no reason to replace the gaskets unless you destroy them removing the stock headers, which is really hard

I have the stock gaskets with the 1 3/4 with absolutely no issues with either the stock motor or my new motor

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My 1.75" dynatechs cames with new gaskets (round ports, not "D" shape), so I used them.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
I never had an audible exhaust leak, however, when I pulled the headers (which were installed with NEW stock gaskets) there were carbon trails that are evidence of small leaks.
If you hold a stock gasket up to the 1 3/4" primary you will see that the raised sealing surface on the flat side of the "D" shape on the gasket does not make contact with anything on the header.
I am saying that it is better to use the Kooks gaskets which seal perfectly.
If you want to spend your time/money doing a fairly difficult header install and save a buck re using the stock gaskets........ Be my guest!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never had an audible exhaust leak, however, when I pulled the headers (which were installed with NEW stock gaskets) there were carbon trails that are evidence of small leaks.
If you hold a stock gasket up to the 1 3/4" primary you will see that the raised sealing surface on the flat side of the "D" shape on the gasket does not make contact with anything on the header.
I am saying that it is better to use the Kooks gaskets which seal perfectly.
If you want to spend your time/money doing a fairly difficult header install and save a buck re using the stock gaskets........ Be my guest!

ARH installed my headers and said the stock gaskets work perfectly. That is what i used and i have had no leaks. To each his own i guess

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back