Noob tuning question.....

MOTORCITYBADBOY

forum member
Reaction score
Got a Steeda CAI, but the tuner I got has a JLT tune in it. Will my computer know the difference or do I need a tune specifically for the Steeda intake?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PM KDANNER, he's really up to speed on these CAI's.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Got a Steeda CAI, but the tuner I got has a JLT tune in it. Will my computer know the difference or do I need a tune specifically for the Steeda intake?

You need to get a specific tune for the Steeda unless the MAF region is the same size which I doubt it. Even JLT have a different MAF size depending on which one that you get(carbon fiber or plastic). For example I had a JLT. Put on an Airaid with the same tune. Let it run for a while. Idle was erratic as Hell. Datalogging showed A/F was bouncing from .8 to 1.2 lamba constantly at idle.

Last edited:

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
Need to get a tune specific to the Steeda: either from Steeda directly or you can purchase one from say Brenspeed or another reputable Tuner. There is a lot of variability in these CAI set ups.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
You need to get a specific tune for the Steeda unless the MAF region is the same size which I doubt it. Even JLT have a different MAF size depending on which one that you get(carbon fiber or plastic). For example I had a JLT. Put on an Airaid with the same tune. Let it run for a while. Idle was erratic as Hell. Datalogging showed A/F was bouncing from .8 to 1.2 lamba constantly.

this..thats why there is a difference of HP between CAI

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The strategy code and possibly the VIN must match since they ask for both when you order a tune.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Strategy code on your pcm has to match the tune, also the tune thats for the JLT will have a different MAF Transfer since the MAF housing is a different size.

So even if you could run the tune, you shouldn't.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back