Not a S197 but still a mustang, im excited!!!

Reaction score
I have a 2002 GT that I bought brand new and have been playing with ever since. Been trying to break that 11.9 barrier for a few years now and finally did it Saturday at Cecil County Dragway, with a 11.98@111. Ran (2) 11.9's (7)12.0's and (4)12.1's, so it was a good day at the track. Could have done it sooner but kind of lost interest in the car, with other projects and working and racing my 2011 for the last year, took my attention from my 02. I ran it at the ABM/ Superstallions event a couple weeks ago, was running consitent 12.1 - 12.2's all day, had fun that day and I got motivated again. That was with 4.56's, I swapped to 4.88's and installed a March Harmonic Balancer this week and got it done.

Track wasnt great saturday, If I could of cut a 1.5 60ft. like a few weeks ago car could go 11.90-11.8. But im stoked I finally got that 11sec. timeslip.

Mods:
*03 Marauder motor (unopened/untouched)
*JLT cai
*Intake Spacer
*Meizere EWP
*March Harmonic Balancer
*A/C delete
*SGS tune
*Tremec T56 Magnum
*Spec stage3 clutch
*Aluminum Driveshaft
*4.88's, 33-spline axles, spool, c-clip elim.
*D&D Tubular Front Suspension with coilovers
*Steeda upper and lower rear contol arms
*Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks and struts
*Weld Alumastars 17x4.5
*Weld RTS 15x10 w/MT ET streets 295/55/r15 (street)
*Weld Prostars 15x8 w/ MT ET drags 26x10x15 (track)
*Weight Reduction

Last edited:

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Atlantic blue is easily one of my favorite colors. How much weight is taken out of that thing? Are those blocks aluminum like a mark VIII/mountaineer blocks? I had a full weight 04 that ran close to that but I was spraying a 100 shot with bolt-ons, but it had stock gears, cat-back, and stock exhaust manifolds.

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Badass car man. I know what that 11.9x means to ya. Hard number to achieve out of a NA 4.6

Reaction score
Thanks for Compliments guys!!!
Atlantic blue is easily one of my favorite colors. How much weight is taken out of that thing? Are those blocks aluminum like a mark VIII/mountaineer blocks? I had a full weight 04 that ran close to that but I was spraying a 100 shot with bolt-ons, but it had stock gears, cat-back, and stock exhaust manifolds.
Its actually Sonic Blue. Not sure what it weighs, need to weigh it maybe this weekend. The blocks aluminum, the Marauder motors are the same as a auto mach 1 motor.

Badass car man. I know what that 11.9x means to ya. Hard number to achieve out of a NA 4.6
Thanks, yeah been trying a while to get that 11sec timeslip. Wanted to do it with just bolt-ons with no motor work. I would like to do ported heads, cams and some kind of intake this winter. Although I'm debating whether I would be better off doing H/C/I on a 3-valve and just sell my 4-valve. The 3-valve and 4-valve make pretty much the same power stock vs. stock but the 3-valve would be cheaper to build.

Back